Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Red
|Price:||£12.17 FREE UK delivery.|
- Keep proper coffee, and your favourite hot drinks hot for longer with this double walled Hotmug
- Drink a good cup of ground coffee with this cafetiere Hotmug
- Available in three colours
- Dishwasher safe
- Very simple, add ground cafetiere coffee and hot water, press it down after a couple of minutes, add milk and suger to taste
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Zyliss Hot Mug is the easy way to drink fresh brewed coffee or for making a single cup of filter coffee at the office without the need of a caffetiere. The individual mesh plunger compresses the coffee grounds to brew the cup of coffee. Prevent spillages and keep your coffee warmer for longer with the lid securely fastened. This is dishwasher safe and also available in three colours, red, blue or black.
1 x Zyliss hot mug red --This text refers to an alternate Kitchen & Home edition.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Here's how I make my perfect coffee. The aim is to keep all the coffee grounds below the fill line. Remember, any grounds above the fill line are NOT trapped by the plunger:
1) Before you start, make sure the cup is DRY inside. That will prevent coffee grounds sticking to the sides of the cup and sneaking past the plunger.
2) Put the coffee into the bottom of the cup - easy if you follow (1)
3) Add the hot water GENTLY - no splashing grounds up the sides - and most important ***FILL TO A LEVEL BELOW THE FILL LINE*** - a centimetre or so below the fill line should be OK
4) Stir GENTLY - keeping the liquid and grounds BELOW the fill line
5) Wait for 30 seconds or so to allow the coffee grounds to start to sink
6) Put the plunger into the cup so the filter just goes into the liquid and seals against the sides of the cup
7) Add more hot water, filling the cup as much as you like. Now that the coffee grains are trapped below the filter you don't have to worry about the fill line. No need to be gentle now either, you want the extra hot water to mix in with the rest
8) Allow to brew for whatever time suits you and your coffee, then push the plunger down GENTLY. If you push too hard and too fast you may get HOT coffee squirting out of the cup.
9) The end result is a FULL cup of perfect coffee, free of coffee grounds.
It's not as complicated as it sounds. Just common sense.
I find that I am now using less coffee, enjoying a drink that lasts longer (heat wise) and not having that annoying feeling when trying to spoon coffee out of a glass container at the end to clean wash it up. It has a double layered plastic wall that means your hand stays cool when holding it, yet the drink is piping hot, the press comes out 90% of the time clean and just needs a rinse and using a tea spoon it is very easy to get the coffee out and put it in the bin/compost, this is mainly because it is a wider size than classic cafetieres and so there is more room to move inside.
A fair few reviews have slated this product saying that there are always coffee granules in there drink, but if you follow simple steps it rarely if ever happens.
1. Pop your required amount of coffee into the bottom
2. Fill with boiling water until the water level is half an inch bellow the 'max fill line'
3. Stir gently so the coffee begins to mix in
4. Wait 3 - 5 minuets for it to brew
5. Place the coffee press in, pushing down slowly so nothing spurts out
6. Fill with more boiling water, leaving enough room for milk and sugar (add as required)
It reminds me a little of a camping cup, but I use it at home for all my coffee needs, a really good investment and far cheaper than other alternatives.
I sent off for the Smartcafé Cafetiere Hot Mug and I am delighted with it. When I opened the package I was immediately impressed with the quality of the cup and I couldn't wait to try it. I put a half a dessert spoon of ground coffee in the bottom and topped up with near-boiling water, waited a couple of minutes and inserted the little plunger and pressed it down. With a spot of warm milk, I had a perfect cup of real coffee.
The benefit of the thermal sides is that the sides stay cool while the coffee stays hot. As someone who sometimes takes his time over a cup of coffee this is just perfect. Although it doesn't have a lid the coffee stays hot for a surprisingly long time.
I have had this a few days now and am using it often and continue to be very impressed with it. For me, it's enabled me to have a cup of coffee whenever I want it with the minimum of fuss. I could have done with this many years ago but at least I've got it now and often find myself talking about how good it it with friends and family.
My only problem is the size of the cup. The plunger apparatus and grounds occupy the bottom of the mug and the max fill line is quite a long way from the top. Look at the picture. The colour change on the outside of the mug is NOT the max fill line. The max fill line is BELOW the top of the handle. Fill the mug past this line and coffee will leak out around the little tab at the top of the plunger. It all adds up to a coffee mug that holds only half a standard mug of coffee.
I love the thought behind this mug, I use mine every day and it is far superior to instant coffee. I just wish it was a little larger
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been enjoying it for a month or two. If washed carefully after each use, it should last for ages.Published 33 minutes ago by Jedumi
Very clever. I keep two in my camper for guests - so they get the nicest coffee around. Well made and work well.Published 2 hours ago by Andrew Sercombe
The mug arrived quickly and as described. Takes a little bit of practice to get your cup of coffee perfect, as you need to ensure the plunger doesn't let any coffee grinds through... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mr. J.E.D.
Had to have replaced as the seal failed. Supplier was very good and speedy. The 2nd one was just the same but didn't bother to replace.Published 6 days ago by Mr. D Ecob
Fab mug! I love real coffee, and this mug is great for my morning commute. You have too be careful when putting the coffee in and pour the water slowly, it's a bit of a art to... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Ktee
The insulated cup is ok but the coffee filter leaks grounds into the drink no matter how careful you are and I even asked for a course grind from my supplier but it still did not... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great idea but seam must have leaked as stale liquid now sloshing around inside (bought 3 and all developed same fault)Published 18 days ago by Anne Cope
Nice little cup bit always get bits in no matter how hard i tryPublished 20 days ago by martin thomas