The Small Business Start-Up Workbook: A step-by-step guide to starting the business you've dreamed of Paperback – 27 May 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A real 'must have' for anyone thinking of setting up their own business. -- Thames Valley News, July 2005
Inspirational and practical workbook that takes you from having a business idea to actually having a business. -- All That Women Want.com, July 2005
This book really inspired me. It didn't come across as patronising like other books on this topic. Highly recommended! -- Win FM, June 2005
When Anita Roddick recommends reading a book you take notice! An inspiring must-read book for anyone starting their own business. -- Better Business Magazine, July 2005
From the Publisher
Dreams, determination and decisiveness = small business success for Cheryl Rickman
The Small Business Start-Up Workbook offers a distinctive approach to small business start-up. Avoiding the traditional business plan mantra and textbook approaches churned out by business school curriculum, The Small Business Start-Up Workbook weaves together real-life case studies and practical exercises, interspersed with expert advice from leading UK entrepreneurs.
Discover what business icons like Dame Anita Roddick, Julie Meyer, Stelios Haji-Ioannou, and Simon Woodroffe would have done differently, what their biggest mistakes have been and what theyve learnt as they reveal their best and worst decisions and contribute their tips for succeeding in business.
The Small Business Start-Up Workbook prepares you so you know what to expect BEFORE you submit that letter of resignation. It will help you to identify and explore your initial idea, clearly identify your goals, vision, and targets, research, plan, market and sell effectively, and acquire the skills and expertise needed to achieve your goals.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is written in a very easy to understand style, contains loads of common sense and practical hints and tips about how to set up and plan your business. It will guide you though all the various stages you need to address to get your business organised in the best way for you and will undoubtedly inspire you to do well.
If you only want to buy one book about being your own boss, this is certainly the one for you, without a doubt. Buy it with confidence and I am sure it will help you succeed in your business.
1. Very positive points include the various tips on web marketing, social media and sales generally.
2. Positive points are the reasonably relevant quotes and experiences from people who have made it in business plus (some) motivational phrases peppered throughout the book.
3. Negative points include too many quotes, especially from the late Dame Anita (who is actually a co-author and makes this seem a little biased) and the general over-emphasis on self promotion. Also the numerous spelling and grammatical errors should not occur in a business book that promotes getting things right in business and especially from a copy writer.
4. Very negative points are the errors in the book about finance and especially the really fundamental and basic mistake of mixing up profit with cash (you pay the bills from cash not profit). The Business Plan advice is not focused enough.
Overall, in my opinion this is a reasonable book but it needs to be more practical and has to be absolutely accurate in its advice on finance, an aspect that in my experience most business owners need to master better so they can survive and grow.
Without a doubt, I'd not be so far advanced and positive about a small business future without it.
Cheryl holds your hand and guides you through each step of the start-up process. All your considerations, your ideas and even doubts are discussed. Even better, there's practical exercises to get your thoughts going and push you forward.
The advice and exerpts from successes and failures of business provide excellent ideas, inspiration and guidance.
If you buy just one book to help you start your business - make it this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a great and easy kindle read.plenty of exercises to keep you on track.
Didn't make it through to the end as I realised my business wasn't for me thanks to the... Read more