Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a single player, Stealth Action Platformer game exclusively for play on PlayStation 3. As in earlier releases in the series, the game revolves around the stealthy escapades of the raccoon, Sly Cooper, and his band of thieves. In addition, a special time-travel twist added to this iteration allows players to experience whole new levels of play, and a wealth of new characters. Additional features include: character redesigns, interactive puzzle play, epic boss battles, costumes that unlock special abilities, and amazing visuals.
Bend Time to Protect the Cooper Clan
The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper series returns with an brand-new, epic adventure for the PlayStation 3 system. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time picks up where the 2005 PlayStation 2 release, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, left off. The Cooper Gang has split up, with Sly surprisingly giving up thievery for a more domestic life, and Bently being entrusted with the Thievius Raccoonus - the book that holds the history and skills of the gang. Unfortunately Bently also built a time machine, which seems to be causing the pages of the Thievius Raccoonus to disappear. As a result Sly's old pal Bentley, must round up the gang and set things right or the Cooper Clan legacy may disappear forever.
Key Game Features
- Epic boss battles, high action, and new stealth moves provide the deepest and most thrilling Sly experience to date
- Humorous time travel storyline and engaging puzzles
- A variety of playable characters await, each with their own unique play style
- Fully playable in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D
- A variety of costumes related to the Sly Cooper legacy that each unlock skills that can be used in combat
Epic boss battles.
Unlock abilities with costumes.
Addictive puzzle play.
All your favorite Sly characters.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
These adventures are excellent. I particularly enjoy playing as Sly and Bentley. The graphics are amazing and some of the mini games inspired. I have dropped a star for this game because I feel some of the gameplay is over difficult for younger gamers and can be a little hard to work out. That having been said with an adult to hand for those young gamers it will be no problem at all.
Buy and enjoy the good fun to be had as Sly takes on those bad naughty crooks again.
I wasn't sure about the general look of the game at first, Sly especially looks...different. I got used to it though and I think the voice for Carmelita is the best so far. Playing around with the ancestors is fun too, although uncessary. The characters are great, some of the tasks are good fun so the game isn't as repetitive as some previous ones. Even the hacking sections have had life breathed into them so they're not quite half as frustrating. Some of the one liners are brilliant making the game as funny as ever, if not more so. Especially sir Galleth; he's classic. Finally, there's some nice touches like updating the familiar slide shows to something shown on a touch screen, complete with sweeping action to change the pictures.
If I had to say two bad things they would be
1. The boss fights - Some of them are stupidly difficult at first but with all of them once you get the hang of the pattern they're fine. There are a couple where the fight goes so quickly it takes a few deaths before the pattern can be figured out.
2. The trophies - Everything collectible is back; clue bottles, treasures and safes, and to get the platinum trophy you have to get all of them, and more because the treasures open up arcade games in the hideouts and you have to beat the top scores on them too. While this isn't a game breaker it certainly makes maxing out the game more time consuming than the previous ones so it might frustrate younger kids. Or, it may entertain them for even longer so this one is only a teeny niggle compared with how easy the others were to max out.
In short, if you're a Sly fan, get this. Even if you're not, don't dismiss it off hand. It's a charming, fun and light hearted game that's well worth a go for all ages.
Most recent customer reviews