Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 10 November 2014
Love this book. I was new to slow cooking and this was the first recipe book I tried when using it. I tried a few recipes, one being a spicy lamb curry which was a MASSIVE hit. I like the sound of nearly every recipe and whats more it is a "chop and chuck" book. I.e no pre-cooking or pre-browning of ingrediants. Literally chop ingrediants and chuck in! Would definitely recommend for novices and pros alike!
on 23 July 2014
Lovely slow cooker recipe book with a bit more exciting recipes than many of the slow cook books around.

It has ingredients found in British shops and with British measures, so easy to follow. Added bonus is that they are low calorie meals so great for those trying to shed the pounds.

Only slight downside is that I wish there were more pictures to show the yummy meals! (There are some, but would like one for every recipe)
on 1 October 2014
The recipe's in this book are very varied and very easy to follow. There is everything from soups to main meals to desserts. I have had my slow cooker for over a year before purchasing this book and never bothered with it. Now I have tried a number of recipes from this book and plan to try more. Everything so far has been delicious and the fact that they are all low calorie is brilliant and I am trying to eat healthier.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and already have to a number of friends. Lots of tasty recipes that are easy to make and low calorie. No matter what your taste I am sure there will be loads that you like in here.
on 23 September 2014
If you're looking for a variety of hearty delicious meals, then this is an absolute must have. I've had my slow cooker for quite some time now, but still discovered some great recipes that I haven't come across before with this recipe book. Plus I love that it lists the calories and tips for each recipe. Great value for the money.
on 25 July 2014
A cooker's delight as my slow cooker doesn't have to sit lonely in it's box anymore and meal times can certainly be more interesting now as typically I'm rushed for time, but with these ingenious and mouth-watering recipes that are so quick and easy to prepare, I can now prep the ingredients before work, pop them into the slow cooker, turn it on, leave it to work it's magic and voila, after a long hard day at work, I come back home to a lovely and nourishing meal, that's also healthy, nutritious and delicious.

So far I've tried the Lancashire Hot Pot and the Pulled Pork with Apple and Mango and both have been an absolute success. The portion sizes are just right and the ingredients required are available at most local supermarkets which is an added bonus. Overall, a great cookbook, plus did I mention that the recipes are good for those on a diet too. Brilliant!
on 2 October 2014
Nicely written book with a friendly and informative tone, full of great recipes and useful
tips tricks and advice on cooking your food. Slow Cooker Recipe Book: Dieters Paradise gives a wide variety of ideas for what to try as well as mentioning where is best to source the ingredients- I certainly learned a few things reading through this!

Easy to follow method and tempting pictures to show you what to aim for, is a real inspiration to get some tasty meals on the go! Really handy nutritional information for each recipe- great for those of us who are concious of what we're eating.

Would recommend as an investment for the upcoming winter months! I'm off to dust off my slow cooker and start trying some recipes!
on 22 September 2014
The recipes in this book are simply lovely. Simple ingredients, quick preparation, but BIG on taste. I've tried 2 recipes so far and they were a huge hit with my family. (Even my daughter who seems to find an issue with everything I cook enjoyed it). Can't wait to try more. This is my go to cookbook now!
on 24 November 2014
The recipes are very varied, delicious, and far from the "usual" slow cooker fodder. However, the book was poorly tech. edited and I have found either things missing from the ingredients list (no chilli listed in the ingredients for Veg Curry with Butternut Squash, but shown in the recipe; no stock mentioned in the ingredients for Puy Lentil Curry, though shown in the recipe), or things listed in the ingredients which are not mentioned in the recipe (stock listed as an ingredient but not mentioned in the recipe for Fantastic Spiced Beef). Also the recipe for Butter Bean Potage makes four generous portions, not the two 600ml ones mentioned!) Given than I have only tried six recipes in the book so far, four with errors is far too high a proportion.
on 19 August 2014
This cookbook is GREAT. What I appreciate the most is that NONE of the recipes require any pre-cooking! Thank you! I hate when I buy a slow cooker recipe book and they want you to cook this and that first and THEN put it in the slow cooker. If I wanted to cook I would do so. That kind of defeats the purpose of using a slow cooker in the first place. But this cookbook doesn’t require any cooking beforehand. About 20-25 minutes of prep time to cut up the ingredients and I’m on my way out the door. Try the Vegetable Curry with Butternut Squash!
on 26 July 2014
This is a great book of recipes.

I have only had it a week - and already made three of the recipes - each of which was both healthy and delicious.

I have found with other Slow Cooker cookbooks that the recipes are all a variety of the same theme - this book was different - the recipes were not only versatile but also offer an ubundance of options .... there is SO much to choose from.

Looking forward to working my way thorugh all the recipes in this book....and LOSING weight in the process!!

Highly recommended.