#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 22 June 2017
I've got a few bikes MTB and road bikes and have used Slime in my MTB innertubes with great success in the past so thought i'd give these Skabs a go!

I've been carrying them around in my rucksack for several months and thought I'd never get to use em!

Until the other day . . .

Was on a ride from my house (on a fixie bike) in Liverpool to Southport and back on a Sunday morning which is a 42 mile round trip. Got a puncture in my front - damn!

Prised the tyre off and found the culprit hole. It was a tiny prick (yup let the jokes commence!) Got a Skab out and pressed the thing hard as hell over the offensive hole! Pumped the thing back up to around 80psi and set back off.

Got home no problem and am still biking to work daily thanks to said Skab!

These things are pretty small and are fit only for tiny holes in my opinion. Anything like a small tear then forget it! Get your good old spoons for tyre levers, rubber patch, file and glue out!
on 8 May 2015
Good for a quick fix, though they do not work particularly well in wet conditions; they're small and convenient yet as i say, quick fix, they're not heavy duty and leave little room for ingenuity. - and by that, I mean if you have say a gash, a cut, a pinch flat, these things will give you little options to fix them as they are quite weak in terms of stickiness compared to actually gluing the patch onto the tube., great for road bike users, but if you're a MTB user and you go hard, I would say get a conventional puncture repair kit; as running lower pressures may lead to types of cuts to an innertube that these patches won't cover.
on 19 September 2016
just love these! so much easier than vulcanising solution, patches sand paper, chalk etc.

find the hole, scrape with the integral grater, peel and stick (after holding the patch in your hand to warm the glue up for a short while).

can't see why you'd ever want to go back to the old way - sometimes technological advances really do make sense, and this is one of those times! we now have a few of these so we definitely have them with us
on 17 December 2015
I have previously used these Skabs and very happy with them, hence ordering 3 more packs. However previous ones were green, these were red, and I found that they did not seem to be very adhesive around the outer edges of the patch, and indeed the rest was not as sticky, so they need much firmer pressing, wasted two in finding out. Not sure if reds were old stock or a new brand, but they are not up to the undoubted quality of the green ones.
on 13 October 2016
Is it only me that can't get these to stay stuck? Apparently not, having read some of the other reviews. Went through a whole pack of these trying to repair one puncture, in the end gave up and decided to always keep a spare inner tube available.
on 30 May 2015
After reading the reviews thought I would try these patches to repair my wheelbarrow tyre. Really easy to apply and appreciate not messing around with a tube of rubber adhesive. Just roughen the area remove backing and apply the patch. Now been fitted for over 2 weeks and the tyre is still fully inflated with no sign of a leak. Recommended.
on 24 April 2015
Unfortunately this did not work for me and I ended up getting a new inner tube instead for an extra pound. Not sure if it was due to me not using the product correctly. The puncture on inner tube was near the middle where there was a protruding rubber line, so the patches would not stick properly. Also the edges would not stick if there is any finger contact with the edge of the patch when the cover is peeled off. This may work for punctures on the smooth part of the inner tube. I will stick to the old fashioned patches and glue in future.
on 26 November 2016
These things make roadside punctures almost something to look forward to.

Easy to use, clean, effective. From hereon in, an essential in my saddlebag.
on 17 July 2016
Very poor. Did not adhere very well.
on 27 August 2016
I bought these a while ago and have just used them. what a waste of time,they cannot handle the air pressure. Back to the patch and glue or spare inner tubes.