on 29 July 2008
if you like programmes enshrouded in supernatural mystery such as lost, the 4400 and heroes. this is for you. while it has not been that big in britain (only showing on trouble, or bbc 2 late at night) it should be!

its directed mainly at teenagers but has enough twists and suspense to engage adults as well. the show follows a teenage boy who woke up in the woods with no memory of his life previously, he couldnt speak and had no understanding of human customs. He is taken in by a family as the mum is his psychologist, but as time goes by they realise he is not normal... The show is narrated by Kyles thoughts as he understands the world and people around him as if they are a foreign species.

This programme leaves shows like lost and heroes behind! buy it and see!
on 10 August 2008
We watched this series from day 1 and were so pleased we did! My 9 year old, my husband and I sat there and mused over all the storylines each week, it was great.

I searched high and low to buy a region 2 version of the series, finally resorting to contacting Amazon customer services who subsequently, within a matter of weeks, managed to get it in stock - Thanks Amazon, we have watched it again and still like it - we are just waiting now for region 2 series 2.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
on 2 September 2008
I visited a friend in California over a year ago, and she got me hooked on the first series. I finally got hold of it on DVD recently, and I never get bored of watching it. I'm in my late teens, and I even got my retired father hooked. So it's for all ages, if you like fascinating, feel good tv, then this is for you! I love it.
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2008
If you are a fan of the sci-fi/fantasy genre then you should like this. It has intrigue (is Kyle an alien or isn't he?), humour, and style.

We follow Kyle's story from the moment he wakes up alone and naked in the forest. When he ventures into town he is placed into a young offenders institute and then subsequently placed into the care of a therapist and her family. Kyle is like a sponge for knowledge and is shown to learn at an incredible rate and to also retain that knowledge. He is also gifted with amazing physical abilities... all of this leads Josh (his surrogate brother) to draw the conclusion that Kyle is an alien. The main thrust of series one is devoted to finding out the truth of the matter...
Kyle XY was an innovative piece of science fiction whose pilot episode stretched the imagination to the limit, but the storyline portrayed what can happen when we seek and find true humanity, love and purity. The character ensemble was great and even the farfetched theory of Kyle being made /cloned and produced in an incubator by the scientist Adam Baylin, could easily be overlooked in the face of the development of this innocent boy child who once surrounded by love, care and family warmth began to unfold and develop his abilities, as opposed to the female equivalent Jessie XX (we meet her in season 2) who, starved of love and family warmth developed murderous and violent tendencies. Thus posing deep questions- are we a product of our genes or are we influenced by our response to our environmental stimulus. I really enjoyed this series. Sadly it was cancelled at the end of season three when it was getting very interesting. This is another movie that deals with having superpowers and unleashing and developing your inner abilities. This DVD comes with special features notably alternate pilot episode, extended season finale, "Kyle Declassified" featurette, Commentary tracks on "Pilot" and "Diving In". I recommend it for the depiction of valuable life lessons on being simple and chaste, family warmth and quest for self discovery - striving for true humanity.
on 19 November 2008
I bought Season One from American amazon.com a year and a half ago & love it! it's a really great story and really grips you into the mystery of who Kyle is. Another thing I love about the show is the music. If the soundtrack ever gets released here (or can buy it from Amazon.com like I did)it's definately worth it! It's of the individual songs and not the score. There are some great bands/Songs on it!
on 3 June 2009
Kyle XY - Complete Series 1 [DVD] [2006]

Amazing - he's hot. All the girls in this house love this series. He's very innocent, funny and sexy.
on 29 September 2014
After reading the positive reviews, I decided to try watching this with my 15 year old son.
We are now completely hooked.

It is a very mild mannered show, with a pleasant introduction music.
The Storylines are simple but nice.
What I love about it is that the writers and directors did not feel the need to put in 'shock' scenes to capture the audience.
There are no excessive sexual scenes (very basic teen infactuation) or excessive violence.

Definitely a nice watch and something nice to share with one's teenage children who have such different taste to ours. :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2014
This is by far the most superior season of the whole series. It wasn't trying to be too complicated. It was mysterious and captivating. Matt Dallas plays Kyle beautifully, sensitively portrayed. Not to mention the fact that he is absolutely gorgeous and that smile of his is to die for. I loved the idea of his innocence and how even his desire to Amanda is so pure. The Trager family are perhaps the best fictional family I have ever witnessed. This first season is spellbinding. As it goes on into further seasons, it starts to lose its way a little by being too complicated and an annoying additional character.

Watched this on prime time. Highly recommended. Definitely on my purchase list.
on 18 May 2014
As all the reviews say, this is an excellent, engaging show.
You should be aware that season 2 ends on an almighty cliff-hanger but was dropped by the studios so season 3 was never made. I cannot describe my disappointment after excitedly looking for season 3 everywhere only to discover this retrospectively. I think viewers should be warned of this before starting to watch it.