on 13 February 2014
I had to smile. It reminded me of an 11 year old writing for a level 4 SATS paper, who had been told to 'put in some big words every now and then' and to 'add some punctuation better than a full stop'.
It may have achieved a level 4 but certainly nothing higher. The writing style was incredibly old fashioned and vocabulary-poor, a cross between Agatha Christie and the Woman's Weekly my granny used to read decades ago.
Sorry but not for me, couldn't get further than 15% through.
on 12 February 2015
Don't usually write a review as I firmly believe in "to each his own" etc;) but really this book is absolute nonsense. To believe that an evil streak can follow down the generations like a hereditary illness is laughable. The writing is infantile, the editing very bad and the characters totally unbelievable. Sorry I wasted money buying it. How it was ever published beats me.
on 9 November 2013
This story is very well written and is full of emotion and feeling. The characters are believable and the story moves quickly and you want to keep reading.
on 28 June 2016
I could not continue reading after Chapter 3, as It was written in the style of a children's book., and I think they would find it tedious.
The name of the main character AMY was repeated constantly, Chapters began with Amy, Amy said, Amy did, Amy didn't do !!! As if the reader was incapable of remembering who they were reading about every few sentences. Unnecessary description, just padding to a badly written book. Was there no editor involved ?
Whether it had a good plot, I have no idea, as I couldn't continue .
on 18 August 2015
I was completely unable to 'willingly suspend my disbelief'! The plot is so ludicrous it is laughable. The idea that a middle-aged man in rural England is found to be a grandson of a20th century real, tyrannical, maniac world leader is beyond silly. Why the 3 stars? Because it made me giggle at the silly ideas in it.
on 13 February 2015
I rarely make a review but felt the need to advise others not to waste their time reading this book. I am surprised that it was printed as it reads like the work of a complete amateur. The only consolation is that it gives me hope that I, a novice to writing, could get a book published!!
on 20 May 2014
Her stories are quite good, and presented in an interesting way.
But (and it's a VERY BIG BUT) she MUST employ a proofreader!

(Hers are not the only self-published books to suffer from this problem, and even some Kindle books produced by so-called Publishers appear to have been read by OCR, or taken straight from an author's electronic copy, and not checked in any way before publication.)

Just on casual reading I found 205 errors in part I: of punctuation, wrong choice of word (e.g. 'hoards' rather than 'hordes'), words are omitted and sometimes repeated, her German is unbelievably badly spelt (considering that it's an important feature of the plot), and silly typing mistakes (e.g. 'in' instead of 'it').

If she wants a list of the errors in parts I and II, she can email me (john@rabancourt.co.uk), and I am also available as a proofreader!
on 26 June 2014
I cannot recommend this novel as the author has a very poor command of the English language, and the subject matter proved somewhat far-fetched.
on 25 June 2014
Loved this story,is there a sequel,,hopefully now that fransiska has arrived and Joanna has her baby Thomas.the story is set,not many miles from where I live.I like that.excellent
on 20 January 2016
I really liked this one, full of mysteries and what if's, a real thought provoking book. Would recommend this to all readers of good mysteries.