- Audio CD (3 Dec. 2007)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: CD
- Label: Island Masters
- ASIN: B000001FU6
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | Vinyl | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (48 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,481 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Slave To The Rhythm CD
|Price:||£5.43 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
I will ship by EMS or SAL items in stock in Japan. It is approximately 7-14days on delivery date. You wholeheartedly support customers as satisfactory. Thank you for you seeing it.
Top Customer Reviews
The correct track listing should be (original track times in brackets)
1. "Jones the Rhythm" - 5:24 (6:26)
2. "The Fashion Show" - 4:05 (6:26)
3. "Operattack" - 2:16 (2:45)
4. "Slave to the Rhythm" - 6:12 (6:35)
5. "The Frog and the Princess" - 7:34 (7:04)
6. "The Crossing (Oohh the Action...)" - 4:51 (4:58)
7. "Don't Cry -- It's Only the Rhythm" - 2:53 (2:53)
8. "Ladies & Gentlemen: Miss Grace Jones" ("Slave to the Rhythm" 7" Edit) - 4:27 (5:56)
Why someone at Island decided that fans of this album would want such a travesty released on CD, I do not know. Were the original album available on CD, I would have given it four or five stars.
Also, I was fortunate enough to be sent a review copy of Grace's upcoming autobiography, 'I'll Never Write My Memoirs' - it is FABULOUS! Grace tells her story with warmth and humour, and her insight into her place in today's sterile music industry is as razor-sharp as her cheekbones, though never bitchy.
I cannot believe the mess that Island have made of the original on this CD by taking half the thing apart and sticky taping it back together with most of the highlights missing! Do they not understand that the whole point of music and art is presenting a piece of work that is complete and whole in everyway the artist made it to be. It's a bit like looking at the Mona Lisa with a moustache painted on it and a mohican hairstyle and passing it off as an original. I haven't bought another island record since this pile of halfcut rubbish was released. It's a travesty. Do island not realise that people actually LISTEN to music they buy or do they assume the record buying public are just plain stupid.
1. Island - reissue this record in it's original form, sleevenotes and all.
2. Put some extra tracks on from the same era (There must be some out-takes somewhere.)
3. Call it a special edition, or whatever, just get the original master tapes-listen to it and use your imagination!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't realise it was a very limited edition disc so was pleasantly surprised.Disc is like a vinyl record and completely black.Didnt think it would play! Read morePublished 15 days ago by Adrian Morris
Even after 30 years......this is still an amazing album. The sound is perfect and it contains the full original biographical contents. The Voice, The Blood........ Read morePublished 6 months ago by MarkBarnsley
The full album at last and about time ! Odd that ZTT has not re-released this as a remastered package as they have done with their other greats such as Propaganda. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mr. PK WARD
Grace jones at her best - still sounds original and innovative today! Great remastered sound. Wud have liked some liner notes and proper case instead of card slipcase. Read morePublished 10 months ago by adam starbuck