Price:£2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 21 September 2011
This switch works perfectly and gets the job done, despite being chunkier than I'd imagined. It feels sturdy, and built to last. As a previous reviewer said, connecting it up can be fiddly as some of the terminals can be tricky to get to - I unscrewed them completely and removed so I could seat the cable correctly. All in, very good for the money and replaced a broken switch on the wife's bedside lamp. When I spotted it was faulty (when plugging a timer into the lamp to use as a security light during our holidays), she said "it's been like that for months"!! On the plus side, she has life insurance.... :-)
on 30 November 2015
My favourite hair dryer's switch broke on the ON setting, so instead of dumping an otherwise super appliance I splice this switch near the working end. A bit of careful cutting with a craft or Stanley knife needed, but the very clear pictorial directions were just the thing. My powerful Sassoon 2000W has a new lease of life for a couple of pounds!
review image review image
on 21 January 2014
does what it says. You don't have to retain one uncut wire to pass through the item.
Used it to replace a dodgy switch on a bedside lamp.
Recommended.

My only other comment is that you have to sever the sever the wiring instructions stickers in order to open the thing up to do the wiring- so if you need to refer back to the diagram it's already slightly mangled.
on 27 October 2012
I always have problems eventually with switches of this type breaking down at the actual point of switching, even some quite expemsive ones, but this looks and feels extremely solid and has good quality switchgear. It is bulky and the wiring is unnecessarily fiddly but that said it makes good, positive, contact when switched and feels as though it will last years. Highly recommended!
on 16 October 2015
I'm modernising and restoring an old piece of furniture, as part of the restoration I've rewired and modernised the show lighting and used this switch as a master on/ off. Easy to fit with only a screwdriver needed, can include an Earth if needed. Arrived quickly and suitably packaged.
on 28 January 2013
These look good enough, but when you try to actually wire them up they are very fiddly indeed. The design for the earth wire in particular is not good at all. It is very difficult to get the wires into the fitting.
on 2 July 2016
This is a solid rocker switch that reminds me of switches I used decades ago, solid and reliable. It would've got 5 stars except for the various labels stuck onto it. One to tell me not to dispose of in a bin(?!), a quality control label and one to tell me how to wire it (again ?! if you are buying this you are likely to know how to do this). The latter was the most difficult to remove, (thus the finger nail and white spirit), and stuck the two halves of the switch together, took me almost as long to clean it up as to wire it. Other than that, I'd recommend it over some of the cheaper switches out there/
on 1 February 2016
Somewhat larger than expected, this switch has a decent mechanical action and is ideal for adding or replacing a switch to a table lamp. However, there are some issues with the design, the main one being the fact that access to the earth terminal (which connects roughly in the middle) is largely blocked by the mounts for the case screws. As it's a bit tight for space in there, it therefore took longer and a bit more cursing than usual before I had this wired up properly. Though this is far from an expensive item, I'm in a critical mood and I can't see any real reason why the design had to be so ill-thought out, so deducting a couple of stars for that plus the fact that it is unnecessarily large for a rocker switch without gaining any benefits for it.
on 27 August 2013
I got this to put in line with a speaker power cable. The speaker made a loud humming noise when it wasn't being used and I didn't like reaching around the back of the desk to turn it off. With the switch fitted i can now turn it off very easily. Wiring the switch was quite fiddly but some of that had to do with my own bungling when I dropped the switch without the cover off and some of the internal metal contacts popped out. I had a hell of a time to get them back in the right way round. Once all wired up, the switch clicks very a very assuring CLICK and I think it will last me a very long time...
on 11 January 2016
Clearly a robust and well-made switch, but with a design error and a marketing faux pas. The design error is that the holes into which the wires must be inserted are placed close to and below the casing, so that it is very difficult to position the wires and to ensure a firm grip by the screw onto the wire. The marketing error is laughable. The product has instructions (I know most people don't need them, but if they are there they should be clear and available) which are in very small writing and are on sticky-back paper glued to the side of the switch; so to open the switch for cable connection requires the destruction of the instructions!