The Sky at Night: Stories About Astronomy Based on Recent Episodes of the Longest-Running TV Show in History (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series) Paperback – 1 Nov 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:“Sir Patrick Moore continues his prodigious and remarkable output as a renowned science writer with this very welcome addition to The Sky at Night series … on events in astronomy and space research. … This is a hugely enjoyable and highly recommended read. An essential addition for anyone who has collected Sir Patrick’s books over the years or anyone looking to begin such a library.” (Mark Stewart, Spaceflight, Vol. 53 (4), April, 2011)
From the Back Cover
For more than 50 years now Sir Patrick Moore has presented the BBC Television series Sky at Night; not a month has been missed – a record for any television series, and a record which may never be broken. Every three years or so a book is published covering the main events in both astronomy and space research. This is the 13th volume, not only a record of the programmes but also of the great advances and discoveries during the period covered - eclipses, comets, and the strange chemical lakes of Titan, for instance, but also anniversaries such as the fifteenth “birthday” of the Hubble Space Telescope, and not forgetting the programme celebrating the Sky at Night’s 50th year, attended by astronaut Piers Sellars and many others who appeared on the programme over the years. All the chapters are self-contained, and fully illustrated. In this new Sky at Night book you will find much to entertain you. It will appeal to amateurs and professionals alike.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Theoretical & Mathematical Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Theoretical Physics