on 30 June 2015
I have been using Skins compression tights almost exclusively for all sports I've played for the last 5 years and have not looked back ever since. My waist fits between 30" and 32" - the Medium has been a perfect size.

Previously, I had used Under Armour Heatgear compression shorts. These were a little cheaper and were made well however the fit does not compare to the Skins shorts. I have an athletic build and did not find the UA shorts to adequately fit around my legs or provide sufficient support to my gentleman's area. This proved problematic when weightlifting, anything with dynamic or explosive movements or any long distance running as the shorts would ride up and I would need to reconfigure myself, so to speak.

The A200 shorts are well priced for the fit and compression which they provide. The ventilation which they provide is not quite as good as the Under Armour Heatgear shorts, however as the material is slightly thinner (though no less durable) heat transfer is adequate. These fit snugly around my posterior and stay in place without riding up my thighs.

If you have the extra money to spend (or find a top offer), go for the A400 shorts instead. They really are on another level which the Under Armour and A200 shorts fall below. The A400 shorts fit even better and provide even more compression and support. This is not to say that the A200 shorts are lacking, it is understandable given these are the mid-tier Skins offering.

In conclusion, these shorts are great and are well worth the investment. I've had three pairs now, each for a number of years and they have worn well. I was them on a 40 degree cycle (should probably handwash) and they have largely retained their original colour and printed design logos, despite frequent use and abuse (5+ times per week). As long as they continue to fit well, I'm not too bothered about losing a logo or branding after a couple of years use, but if you are bothered, I suggest washing by hand.

I've used these shorts for running, weightlifting, ultimate frisbee, basketball, squash, tennis, badminton, cycling...the list goes on. If you have the extra money to spend, upgrade to the A400, if you don't, these will still deliver without question.
on 25 September 2016
A first time user of compression tech-clothing for running (but have used for cycling a few years ago).

Size purchased: Medium. My waist: 31" to 32". I'm fairly short at 5ft 4". Fit is snug but not overtight. These Skins are very comfortable - an ultra smooth feel to the material. I could possibly have gone for the Small size (not entirely sure), but these Mediums do fit well enough and do certainly apply a reasonable level of compression (this is more noticeable when taking them off than when you put them on.) - and that's the only reason for docking one star for this review, as sizing requires a bit of reading the reviews/size chart and bit of guess work. As mentioned, I might be able to use the small for higher compression.

I bought these to help reduce the risk of leg injury from running (which I'm very new to, only a few months so far), having previously suffered a small quads strain (recovered after some Physio treatment).

These don't ride up or shift around, or chafe - excellent from that perspective. Also good - they don't use rubber on the inner legs seams like my cycling shorts do - I guess the grip is all within the compression weave of the material itself. A wide elastic waist band (about 1" or 2.5cm deep), which has a key pocket on the inner right side at the back, which is handy if you don't have any other way of securely carrying a door/car key. (pretty small though, so no big bunch of keys on a keyring, or long mortice-type key.)

Chose the free delivery option and they arrived a couple of days ahead of due date, so was very pleased to get them earlier than expected.
on 30 March 2016
I'm not a fanatical runner by any account but decided to buy these given some training need for an endurance event and researching the benefits of compression sportswear. Please refer to the SKINS website for technical specs and sizing information. I was reassured by the efforts that SKINS do seem to go into with respect to researching and designing their products versus reading reviews of cheaper items that didn't actually appear to compress properly. I'm 5ft 8in and 70kg and the medium size fits very snuggly - which is the point after all. They're well made with flat stitching and I've not suffered from any chaffing or rubbing at all. They don't restrict running movement in any way and whilst when you first put them on you think that they may preoccupy you, as soon as you get running you're unaware that you're wearing them. As for the results, I'm running 2hr sessions 3-4 times per week and not suffering from any DOMS or cramping which I was prone to previously.
on 26 July 2016
I bought these thinking I was taking a step up from under armour, they look the part but after a few uses of the item the stitching came undone in numerous places, not just little bits here and there, whole lengths of it. I cut of the extremely long tag on the inside as it irritated my skin when worn so cannot return otherwise I would. I want to buy another pair as the look great but think I will stick to under armour.
on 30 October 2015
Good compression shorts that I have used on some longer races. They do a good job and I have noticed a reduction in my suscpetibility to DOMS in the days after races. The only downside I have found after a couple of longer runs (Marathon/Ultra) was that the label in the back of the shorts had rubbed and as a result had removed a bit of skin. Other than that really good shorts.
on 11 August 2014
I'm 59 going on 60 and my ageing stiff muscles love love this compression clothing. I'm sure it has helped prevent injury whilst struggling to keep up with the butchers dogs more than half my age in the university sports conditioning classes. They are also UV blocking to protect the skin from solar damage (I've extensive vitiligo). I use the full length for outdoors and these for indoor gym work.
on 17 January 2015
Tried many compression half tights from many different brands, and these are the most supportive for myself. No niggling seams in awkward places that cause blisters after an hour of running. They even have a small key pocket... in case you wanted to wear them as-is.

Would definitely buy another pair
on 1 September 2016
I will definitely be buying some more of these. Good quality as you'd expect from SKINS and fitted my 32-33in waist snuggly. Have been running and working out with more confidence since.
on 17 January 2016
Superb support - bought for use on long runs and were superb on my new year half marathon . Really snug but comfortable . Excellent quality and will buy more skins products when my current under armour gear wears out
on 31 May 2016
Bought them to help me recover from a torn hamstring Very supportive and comfortable when running ... .. Be careful for sizing though I just squeezed in to a medium , which I deliberately chose to give more support for my recovering hamstring .
For the sake of decency I wore my normal running shorts over the top as the material is quite thin ..