Skills for Success: The Personal Development Planning Handbook (Palgrave Study Guides) Paperback – 2 May 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Teaching Personal and Professional Development in Higher Education, this book has been invaluable to me. The exercises are very well designed, follow a logical sequence, and students find them extremely useful. Working in conjunction with The Study Skills Handbook, I highly recommend this book.' - Amazon review
Reviews ofthe 1st edition:
'Excellent book, well constructed, a valuable learning resource for students.' - Department of Community Studies, Bradford College, UK
'This is a fantastic book packed with useful and interactive activities to enhance performance.' – Department of Social Work, Bromley College of Further& Higher Education, UK
'Clear, concise and excellent layout to make for an easier understanding and read.' – Business School, Middlesex University, UK
'I have found this book very useful in helping students construct their CVs/ applications. It is a useful teaching tool& a self-help guide.' – Faculty of Health and Social Work, University of Plymouth, UK --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
It enables students to think creatively and constructively about personal, academic and career goals and to plan a path to success --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think that students just coming out of school or maybe even in college would appreciate the work book format more than I did as they can learn about developing their learning and motivations to learn through using this book.
My only criticism is that there is too MUCH information. The book tries to be very comprehensive (and succeeds) but therefore obscures the key lessons. The book would have been a more usable resource if it had been half the length and focused only on the most beneficial information rather than trying to cover everything.
Having said that though, the book is still very useful and I (as an adult learner) have benefitted greatly from it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent for my university studies. Amazing information held, and definitely recommended.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Stella Cottrell is such an amazing writer and these books have really helped in my studiesPublished 6 months ago by Peter Lawrence
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Life
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Studies
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Business Plans
- Books > Children's Books > Education > Study Aids
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Study & Learning Skills
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies