- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Six Centuries of Verse - The Complete Series [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£9.22 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Sir John Gielgud is joined by an outstanding repertory of actors - including Dame Peggy Ashcroft, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Lee Remick, Ian Richardson and Julian Glover - in this pioneering, imaginative series demonstrating the immense variety and emotional impact of English-language poetry, from the fourteenth century to the contemporary era.
Screened in 1984 and compiled by writer and poet Anthony Thwaite, Six Centuries of Verse was the first television series to provide a systematic and chronological overview of the art, taking in Chaucer, the Medieval and Renaissance periods, Shakespeare, the Metaphysical poets, Milton, the Romantic period and modernism, through to Philip Larkin and Ted Hughes; the chosen poems, both classics and overlooked treasures, are placed into context historically and geographically and read in richly evocative settings.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Poetryreincarnations at youtube
acoustcarchive at youtube
videocurious at youtube
greatpoets at audioboo
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is OK but somebody who is good should do it for General audience. The actors did it too much for director or themselves and the wealth of it 6 century of English verse is... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Zdenek Hanzlik