- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Sitting Bull: His Life and Legacy Hardcover – 15 Sep 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
This Book Is Bound with "Deckle Edge" Paper
You may have noticed that some of our books are identified as "deckle edge" in the title. Deckle edge books are bound with pages that are made to resemble handmade paper by applying a frayed texture to the edges. Deckle edge is an ornamental feature designed to set certain titles apart from books with machine-cut pages. See a larger image.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sitting Bull Ernie LaPointe is the great -grandson of the famous Hunkpapa Lakota chief, and he presents the family tales and memories told to him about his great-grandfather. In many ways the oral history differs from what has become the standard and widely accepted biography of Sitting Bull. LaPointe explains the discrepancies, how they occurred, and why he wants to tell his story of Tatanka Iyotake. Ernie La... Full description
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Historians not directly related to Sitting Bull's family could never have given previously unknown nuances to this valuable account of Tatanka Iyotake's life as his great-grandson Mr. La Pointe so eloquently does in this publication.
Heartbreaking is the fact that the lineal descendants of the great Lakota leader to this day have been denied to properly bury his remains in a location that would provide a dignified resting place worthy of Tatanka Iyotake.
This book is a MUST READ. Congratulations to Mr. La Pointe on this eye-opening, revealing historical work. I wish him and his family all the best in their future endeavors.
Princely/Ducal House Gulgowski-Doliwa
Tatanka Iyotake was a great man with integrity, a trait sorely lacking among most white "leaders" of today. As I get older, I become more ashamed of my white race; power and money are what the white race seems to strive for, including the so called "religious" leaders.
Thank you again, Mr. LaPointe, for writing this fine book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Indian Subcontinent
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > History > Americas > Native Americans
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Central & South America
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > South East Asia