Sisters: Heroic true-life stories from the nurses of World War Two Paperback – 28 Mar 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A fascinating slice of lived history" (Independent)
"Vivid, poignant and very personal." (Choice Magazine)
"Absurdity and anguish are bedfellows in a lively tribute to those who helped heal the scars of war." (Saga Magazine)
"Profoundly moving with moments of humour to lighten the emotional load, this is a wonderful tribute, allowing forgotten voices to be heard once more." (Good Reads)
In the bestselling tradition of Call the Midwife, the incredible true stories of British nurses in WWII, as told by the nurses themselves.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is a book of deep emotions, from the conditions worked in to the various circumstances .
It is a very well written detailed book of mainly women who were thrown into impossible conditions. These were strong heroic (mainly) women I very much doubt if people today could do what they did in the same circumstances.
The book will appeal to both male and female readers.
It really was a facinating book filled with vivid memories .
Thank you to all who contributed and for sharing such wonderful history .
My late Grandmother was a nurse during this period in the East End of London at Stratford E 15
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such an interesting book - a must for those who read true to life books.Published 1 month ago by Pam Beard
I'm not finished reading it yet. I find it veryinteresting and anyone connected with nursing will benefit from reading it if only to see the changes from then and now.Published 17 months ago by Betty McQuade
A poignant reminder of the heroism and dedication of all the nurses who lived and worked during the 2nd world war. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Amazonian
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs