on 12 October 2016
Singles albums don't get much better than this with some of my favourite singles of all time which include the Vince Clarke and Swain / Jolley era - Drops off a bit towards the last few tracks but that's just hyper critical and definitely not the usual skipable fillers tracks that most singles albums have.

Just superb, and a must buy if you don't have most of her stuff already ! - Possibly one of the best Greatest Hits i have heard in a very long time :)

* Just to add i usually hate rehashes of tracks i've grown up loving but i have to say 'Ode To Boy II' is genius and works perfectly - I've never heard it before and love it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 January 2015
Lovely collection of Alison Moyet's career highlights from 1982-1995 including 3 classy cuts from her Yazoo days and all her solo chart entries featuring mid-1980's 'belters' such as 'Love Resurrection', 'All Cried Out', 'Invisible' and my personal favourite, 'Is This Love?'. The material from the 1990s is less familiar and, generally, less satisfying, although there are a couple of major exceptions from 1991 - the superb, uptempo 'It Won't Be Long' and the gorgeous ballad 'This House' - which provide further evidence of 'Alf's' superior vocal talents. At less than £5, this soulful album is definitely worth buying.
One person found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2013
I have always liked Alison Moyet ever since
she was one half of the short lived duo
Yazoo in the early 1980's.

This CD album comprises 20 of her singles
whilst under contract to Sony. Someone
made reference to Alison's voice as being
"bluesy contralto" and her unique expressive
style made hits of Only You, Love Resurrection,
All Cried Out and the fabulous rendition of
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, which is
my favourite version of this song.

I remember seeing her in the stage hit Chicago
in 2001 and wondered if she would leave the
world of pop and completely transfer her talent
to stage musicals. She was excellent in Chicago.

If your new to Alison Moyet or a fan already,
this is a worthwhile CD of her Singles.
Great 80's nostalgia.
on 9 May 2017
This is a great,it was very well protected and really well presented I am reallly happy with this product thanks again
One person found this helpful
on 11 December 2015
Alison moyet has been loved by me forever she's amazing live and this album lives up to all expectations .. iv worn my other copies out hence reordering this. Only one downside this album was not streamed to my phone like the others have been iv bought from amazon.This is well worth the buy,please listen for yourself.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 April 2017
Wonderful CD containing many of Alison Moyet's hits over the decades. Such an amazingly powerful voice. Great music and vocals. I am delighted with my purchase and would buy again.
on 19 August 2008
I was aware of some of Alison Moyet's work, particularly in days as one half of 'Yazoo', but never really regarded myself as a fan.

My old man had this album on in his car a few weeks back and I couldn't believe how many of the songs I recognised, but never knew were by her - Great songs too!

I decided to purchase my own copy for the sake of a couple of quid and found it a very enjoyable listen.

Definitely worth 5 stars and I'm happy to run with the pack on this one...
3 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2018
I like Alison Moyet songs and purchased this, not realising just how many great songs she has actually made!..one of the few cd's where i like every song and listen from start to finish without skipping tracks :)))
on 29 December 2013
And yet another album that I have bought for nostalgic reasons , Alf is a singer I have admired for a long time , ever since I saw her in concert sometime in the eighties . I agree that she lost her way and has never managed to achieve the heights of success since ,but this is a best of sort of cd so put it in your car i.c.e. system and enjoy
on 27 December 2017