I discovered Jack Savoretti shortly before the release of his last album "Sleep No More".
After searching YouTube for his music videos I fell in love with his music immediately and purchased his entire back catalogue which has been on constant replay over the past 2 and a half years.
"Before the Storm" became my new favourite album (despite being slightly more commercialised than his previous offerings) and even to this day there are not many other albums in my house that get as much airplay as that one does.
Fast forward to 2019 and "Singing to Strangers".
With the release of "Candlelight" I, like many others, instantly recognised the potential for this to be a Bond theme tune and the remaining tracks that were released prior to the album release continued to build on this 60s/70s musical vibe. The same could be said for the remaining tracks on the album, which are a combination of upbeat and ballad style tracks, although in all honestly they could have been released at any time since the 70s.
I've now listened to the full album several times and have to say It's simply outstanding.
I'm not a huge fan of "Touchy Situation" and as much as I like the Kylie Minogue duet "Music's Too Sad Without You" I just don't think it fits well on the album.
Overall I would say it's probably my 3rd favourite Jack Savoretti album behind "Before the Storm" and "Harder than Easy".
- Original Release Date: 15 Mar. 2019
- Release Date: 15 Mar. 2019
- Label: BMG Rights Management (UK) Limited
- Copyright: ℗© 2019 BMG Rights Management (UK) Limited
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 1:04:21
- ASIN: B07KDY4M51
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4 in Albums (See Top 100 in Albums)