on 17 October 2010

# The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl
# Tina Turner - Steamy Windows
# U2 - Beautiful Day
# Vampire Weekend - A-punk

Some good ones, lot of fillers. On balance a good selection. For me, the guitar adds little. If you like karaoke you buy singstar, if you like guitar or band playing then Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I'd sooner Singstar came up with more exciting songlists for singing and dropped the guitar bit.
on 19 November 2010
SingStar: Guitar - PS3

"The fire in your eyes, keeps me alive..."

Ah can there be anything better than rocking on guitar out to `She Sells Sanctuary' by The Cult - a vocalist beside you giving it their all - people watching, jaws agape at the profound awesomeness that they are witnessing? Well, there's more where that came from and it's yours for the bargain price of just over a tenner.

I was a bit skeptical about SingStar Guitar - I mean it's not like we haven't got Guitar Hero and Rock Band etc for virtual strumming amusement is it... But SingStar is a quality brand - unmatched in the realm of videogame karaoke and so I gave it a go with an open mind (using my trusty old plastic guitar from Guitar Hero III - in fact it seems pretty friendly with most existing guitar add ons).

First impressions are that SingStar Guitar is a super slick addition to the much loved Sony sing-em-up franchise and for once the first impressions are right... This doesn't seem to be going after the core Rock Band market, more SingStar Guitar offers a perfect way to add to guitar action to your SingStar system without having to splash too much cash.
The gameplay adds a note path on one side of the screen (or two note paths if you wanna rock with 2 guitars) - whilst the main singing area is as before showing the words over either the officially licenced video or the feed from your PS Eye.
SingStar Guitar packs 30 songs on the disc and has already started adding `Guitar Enhanced' tracks to the impressive online SingStore which is unrivalled in offering not just additional music tracks for your gaming pleasure but also themes and extras - all seamlessly integrated in the thriving SingStar community. Music choices of note on the disc (in addition to the fantastic Cult track) include: The Love Cats by The Cure, Song 2 by Blur, Ever Fallen In Love With Someone by The Buzzcocks, Kiss With a Fist by Florence and the Machine, I predict a riot by Kaiser Chiefs, Fire by Kasabian, Supermassive Black Hole by Muse, Debaser by The Pixies and Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie.
You can sing and play guitar if you're so minded - but will need a mike stand. The real joy however comes from rocking with friends and family. I kicked off a solo burst of Pixies and pretty soon had the whole family singing and playing along (wife on duet vocals, sons on guitars) on `Under Pressure'...
Setting up is simple and the load times for each track pleasingly quick. Your performance is scored out of 10,000 points total with players contributing their share. Also you can't actually `fail' a song which pleased my younger son who gets frustrated with Guitar Hero when he only makes it half way through a track... There are even some new guitar trophies which are pretty easy to nail so you'll add a bit of kudos to your online PSN profile.

Verdict
SingStar is the AAA music game to beat and adding guitars to the already winning formula just makes it even better. This is the perfect addition for any PS3 owner who already has some sort of guitar controller - now if you'll excuse me I have to shred U2's Beautiful Day!?
on 4 January 2012
I purchased this game after a little umming and ahhing as i was not entirely sure if you could play without the guitars! I am a bit of a technophobe but did not think this info was clear anywhere. So just a heads-up for anyone considering this game as an addition to their singstar collection and who are not interested in the guitar function.
Oh, and the game is good fun. It even encouraged those who do not not normally play the game to get involved with it's selection of tunes.
on 30 November 2010
I already own some of the normal singstar games, and guitar hero (GH). The guitar of GH can be used to play this game. While the normal singstar only supports two players, we can now play with three persons at the same time, which is a lot of fun.!

Before, we sometimes played GH with three players: two singing and one playing the guitar. In my experience, the singing in GH is quite awful, it is much better worked out Singstar. Also, players who played GH for the first time are somewhat overwhelmed by all the things you got to consider; star power (and pressing a button or tilting your guitar), different notes (flames, blue circles, etc. etc.)...

The singstar guitar experience is more basic: just playing the notes while you don't have to consider star power, etc. I think this is better for people who just play the game only once in a while with a group of friends. Also you've got the normal singstar features like recording your performance with the Playstation eye, which really gives some laughs afterwards.
on 16 May 2013
Lots of nice tracks, well I like them, everyone has different tastes, lots of choice, i use a guitar, you've got no chance of me singing lol. Would get arrested for frightening the locals. Nice addition to my band hero and guitar hero collection
on 9 October 2013
I love singstar&the guitar games,but,my sister only likes to sing and doesn't know most songs on guitar hero and rock band...Then singstar & Guitar came along....I love it,I can play my guitar& my sister can sing her heart out....Now we want more!!I'd love to see this catch on and I'm hoping and praying that another one comes out....SOON!!
on 26 June 2013
Great game to add to any collection easy to use and lots of fun for the kids and adults alike
on 26 July 2011
I actually bought this game on the high street for £3 brand new! Despite loving regular singstar I never even knew that this game existed so thats a massive advertising fail Sony!

I love this game, and personally I find it far more fun than Guitar hero and it also has a far better selection of songs. You can also download the latest songs online. Probably one of the biggest gaming bargains I have ever bought!
on 17 May 2012
great game with two guitar and two singers great collection of download songs and if you have a move download free dance part and enlarge your libary/enjoyment even further
on 11 October 2011
We love guitar hero, but found it to be a little unsociable in a big group. Having the option to add a singer too has reignited our enthusiasm!