Sing the Golden Oldies/Spontaneous Combustion
|Price:||£13.43 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* Ace's final pairing of two original Scepter Shirelles albums on one CD brings together one concept album and one (mostly) live set originally released in 1964 and 1967 respectively.
* "Sing The Golden Oldies" is the girls' tribute to their peers, mixing 50s doo wop hits by the Willows, the Cadillacs, the Solitaires, Little Anthony and the Imperials and the Platters with more recent early 60s smashes by such as Bruce Channel, Del Shannon and Gene McDaniels. "Spontaneous Combustion" is - apart from two tracks - a genuine live album from an era when they were far from commonplace in black American music.
* Neither of these albums has ever been on CD before. They are complemented by two bonus tracks that are appropriate to the period, both of which are also making their Ace CD debut.
* All tracks are presented in stereo where they were originally recorded in stereo. Sleeve notes are by acknowledged Shirelles expert and friend, Dennis Garvey, who has spoken with Shirley and Beverly expressly for this set.
* Ace hopes to round out this series later in 2010 with a "Singles, Stereo Mixes and Rarities" package that will tie up all the loose ends of the girls' Scepter catalogue - watch this space!