on 4 June 2014
Just come back to sewing after many years -- and how things have changed -- found this book provides a good overview of the 'sewing machine' -- currently available -- overlockers, sewing machines, embroidery machines and sewing feet -- with basic uses of the sewing feet in seams etc
on 5 March 2015
This is one off the best little introductions to using a sewing machine that I know. I bought one for my daughter when she was just starting to sew, and have now bought two more - one for my son's girlfriend and one for our Guide unit. Cannot recommend this highly enough. Unfortunately it looks as though this is now out of print (Simplicity are notorious for taking the good stuff out of their catalogue), so buy one when you see it in stock!
on 6 October 2013
This book is so easy to understand. The illustrations are so well done & even if you have never used a sewing machine before,they leave the reader with no doubt whatsoever how a machine works & how to use it. This book is so informative & simplisticI would recommend it to anyone who has no idea whatsoever of machine sewing.
on 7 March 2012
Very pleased with the book, has all the information one needs if you are a beginner or like me just need to jog your memory about the things you used to do and have forgotten, Its a nice size and the pictures show how to do the various tasks and they don't use sewing machines that came out of the Ark like some books.
on 4 June 2017
GREAT ITEM
on 8 June 2010
As a frequent "home drsssmaker" I found this book very worthwhile because it is so easy to "forget" many of the assets of a modern sewing machine. It is easy to fall into your own routines and ways of getting the job done. A good tool to refer to from time to time.
on 27 November 2012
I bought this book as a present for my friend who I've been teaching to sew. I had a quick glance at it (not wanting it to look read) and it looks to be exactly what I was after. I've not given it to my friend yet but when I do I hope she'll like it.
on 20 March 2014
Great read, excellent source of information, fascinating tips and I will use this time and time again in the future!!
on 6 May 2015
Excellent book, easy to follow and understand covers everything you need to know. Highly recommended
on 1 August 2011
I bought this book for my wife to help with sewing using her new electronic sewing machine. She is very happy with the book and dives in from time to time to check on aspects of using the machine for different applications.