Customer reviews

on 9 April 2017
very helpful
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 February 1999
I am a Spanish/English - English Spanish Certified Translator from Bogota, Colombia. I have worked in Mining, Pretroleum, Medical and Legal fields for more than 15 years, in Colombia and abroad and found this dictionary one of the most valuable tools in my daily life.
This dictionary preserves the essence of the languages and interpret their mutations in usage without distorting them.
When a colleague or a friend of mine is in the need of a meaning of a word, I usually say to them: "My favorite dictionary is here waiting for you, and remember, if you do not find it here, it does not exist."
I highly recommend the Simon & Schuster's International Dictionary for its foreign acquisitions, national and regional variants, the variety of meanings given to certain terms, the many slogans, and even the vulgarisms which do not appear in other dictionaries. Furthermore, it is one of the most complete and up-to-date bilingual dictionary in the Spanish and English-speaking worlds.
on 29 August 1998
THIS BOOK IS GREAT FOR PROFESSIONALS WHO DEAL WITH MANY SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE FOM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. IT IS RICH IN IDIOMS, REGIONALISMS,TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC TERMINOLOGY. I DID NOTICED THAT SIMON & SCHUSTER FORGOT ONE WORD IN THE SPANISH SECTION ( I CAN'T WRITE IT BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A SPANISH KEYBOARD AND IT WILL NOT MAKE SENSE WITHOUT THE CORRECT LETTERS ) . THE WORD CAN BE FOUND IN THE ENGLISH SIDE BUT NOT IN THE SPANISH SIDE. THIS IS A GREAT BOOK FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS THE BEST SPANISH DICTIONARY.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse