on 10 November 2016
I didn't buy this for using on my car, I use it for lifting my woodwork router in its table and lift other parts of machines.
When I received the jack I stood it upright for a couple of hours to let the oil settle. Afterward i loosened the screw release with some WD40 and then I pumped the jack up & down quite a few times to settle the operation spraying with WD40 to help it along its way.
I now have a perfectly suitable 2 ton jack for using.
on 29 September 2014
I have a trolley jack at home so this bottle jack is kept in the car for use in emergencies. It will probably only be used a handful of times, but even so it is well worth the money because it is much more reliable and far safer than the scissor jack that came with my car as standard.

The bottle jack I got differs slightly to the one pictured because mine doesn't have a carry handle. However it did come in a handy plastic case that has a carry handle, so it will stay in there in my car until needed.
VINE VOICEon 22 November 2015
This is a handly little bottle jack that comes in a plastic-moulded case. It is small, with just one stage extending between 200 - 250 mm. Enough power, certainly, to lift a small car, but not a great lifting height. I have bought it to make a small hydraulic press, for which it is quite well suited.
on 9 July 2012
Firstly I've seen other reviews saying they have bought this jack to lift there car and its no good, I wouldn't recomend this jack to lift a car either these sort of jacks are designed for lifting high clearence agritectural & construction machinery amongst others.

If your wanting to lift a car I would strongly recomend a 'crocodile' trolly jack or a scissor jack.

So getting to the reason I purchased the jack, I purchased this jack to be used in a homemade hydraulic press that is constructed from 4"x4" fence post bolted together with M12 bolts which is being used in my workshop for assembling metal fittings that have a interference fit (such as bearings on shafts). It has also found a use crushing down empty gas cans (careful!) & other metal scrap so that it takes up less space while awaiting recycling.

Overall a great product, only got 4stars due to the fact it comes in a case but this was smashed and it has no carry handle as in the picture (this is no biggy if like me can weld one on:).)
on 7 July 2016
Very sturdy, no problems with the operation of this and the case it came in makes it easy to store and keep the dirt off of the jack while not in use. The low profile is also excellent for sue on my caravan, the main purpose for the purchase.
on 16 October 2015
Good cheap jack. Do measure the gap you have between floor and jacking point, before you buy this. Works on one of my two cars.
on 14 August 2017
Good little jack handy to keep in boot comes a carry case, easier to use than messing with supplied scissor jack
on 24 January 2016
Despite the one I purchased being a bit battered (all rectified now)
This was too large to fit under my one series
It's strong and robust, but look into clearance heights pre purchase
on 10 October 2017
Nice handy jack very easy to use and made things mush more simpler and effortless to use, and it saves time.
on 8 January 2017
It's very good and don't need too much space in the car, but I have to big car. Definitely not for MPV, SUV