on 20 March 2014
I chose 5 stars for this PC as it does exactly what the specifications lay down.Delivery was fast and the PC was well packed.Construction of the tower is very good and it is surprisingly light compared to some others.I sometimes read comments about PC towers having thin metalwork but I consider this a good point as long as the casework remains rigid,which this one does.
What do I do with this PC? I run video editing,timelapse photography and Microsoft FSX (a flight simulator program).also the pc is used for some real time number crunching.
This pc eats all this without any complaints. It is described as 'a family pc' and rightly so.The HD output is good.The sound system is good for normal applications.High end gamers should always purchase machines designed for such applications.
It comes with windows 8.1 pre-installed which may put some buyers off ,but the dreaded metro screen is relatively simple to hide and render benign with the use of Classic Shell (or a similar program) .If I can do this at my age ,then so can you!.Once this is done windows 8 starts to roar and leaves everything else that m'soft has produced well behind.
Extras I have installed - just a 4 port usb3 card to work an external drive.This machine has a lot of expansion potential,with plenty of sata sockets etc on the motherboard.
BUY ONE NOW!
Some small windows appear in the german language at initial boot up but vanish after a windows update.
on 8 February 2016
purchased in October did not set up until January , bit strange with all instructions in german it got there in the end then the fun started . it has blown the electric in the house 5 times and when it is working just keeps showing no cable connected obviously a fault somewhere . it is not returnable to amazon so have now had to contact csl who supplied the item .I am now awaiting a response will keep updated
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2014
Hums a bit. Not quite as silent as I was hoping for. If you put any weight on the top of the case it makes a noise like a bee. Early days yet but it looks like I will need an audio card if I want 5.1 - or even rear speakers. I'm sure it will perform well. Installing Ubuntu on it at the moment with the intention of keeping Windows in VirtualBox guest.
Delivered within a few days of order and everything was intact.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
Good quality, easy to use product.
I rate the product as 4 star.
I'm getting bored now. really, really bored