Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£26.99|
Save £2.12 (8%)
The Significance of Monuments: On the Shaping of Human Experience in Neolithic and Bronze Age Europe Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Links were made between houses to live in and monuments, which threw light on the possible meaning and function of monuments. Evidence was drawn from archeological studies in the UK and Northern Europe spanning the period from the megalithic to the late neolithic.I would describe it as a scholarly book with a strong empirical approach. At the same time the implications drawn from the evidence are exciting so that it felt a bit like reading a detective story.
It is well written so that as a non archeologist I was able to follow it without difficutlty. At the same time it is an academic book with a lot to offer the established archeologist.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period > Prehistoric
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Region
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Punishment
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Ancient
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Archaeology