- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Six Sigma Project Planner: A Step-by-Step Guide to Leading a Six Sigma Project Through DMAIC Paperback – 16 Apr 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Meet your Six Sigma project goals--on time and on budget
Six Sigma demands results. These results are delivered by projects that are tightly linked to customer demands and enterprise strategy. If you're leading a Six Sigma initiative in your organization, this hands-on guide is designed to help you achieve these results quickly and effectively by treating a Six Sigma project like any other project that must be managed and completed on time and within budget.
Written by leading Six Sigma expert Thomas Pyzdek, The Six Sigma Project Planner offers a project management approach to Six Sigma. You'll learn how to rigorously measure and analyze problems, implement solutions, and choose and complete the quality improvement projects that offer the largest payoff. Pyzdek provides dozens of reproducible, downloadable project management tools and worksheets for each step of the DMAIC process (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control). The step-by-step guidelines will help your team:
- Identify high-payoff projects to tackle
- Define project goals and estimated ROI
- Employ breakthrough techniques to develop and implement entirely new processes that meet project goals
- Correct problems in current processes
- Identify stalled projects and jumpstart them--or pull the plug before they consume too much time and resources
- Perform a process capability study using Statistical Process Control
- Establish control and continuous improvement systems
The Six Sigma Project Planner enables all team leaders to identify the "Critical Path" to successful project completion--while you stay on time and on budget.
About the Author
Thomas Pyzdek is the author of over fifty titles, including software, books, multi-media trainingprograms, videos and CD ROM's. Pyzdek is widely acknowledged to be among the world's leadingexperts in Six Sigma and TQM. He is the author of The Six Sigma Handbook, published by McGraw-Hill, and the popular Quality Digest magazine column Six Sigma and Beyond. Pyzdek received TheAmerican Society for Quality's (ASQ's) prestigious Edward's Medal for outstanding contributions toquality management. A sought-after speaker, Pyzdek has addressed thousands of professionals aroundthe world on such issues as Six Sigma, TQM and the future of quality.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com