Customer reviews

on 28 September 2011
I'd had a look at one of these before I bought it so I knew what to expect. I'm pleased with the performance but have a couple of reservations:
1. It doesn't record the highest HR reached in a session. I knew this was the case but now I've put it in action I do feel this would have been very useful.
2. The start/stop button for the timer isn't very easy to activate on the move.
3. In the initial setup the HRM sets a calculated max HR based on gender/age/weight. If you want to overide this estimate with a more personalised max HR you can do it but if you go into the setup menu again it has a habit of resting back its own calculation.

Having said that, I've found it very comfortable to wear and a useful aid to my training. For teh money the functionality is quite good.
on 11 March 2014
I was attracted to this heart rate monitor because it had all the basic functions I was looking for, and a nice big easy to read display. I have poor eyesight and trying to read small displays on the move is an additional challenge that I don't need when I am trying to follow a workout schedule.

Remembering which of the two buttons does what took a bit of getting used to, but that is normal for me. If I don't use any type of equipment frequently I tend to forget how to do certain things and need to go back to the instruction manual. This comment is therefore more a reflection on me than on the watch :)

The only thing I would suggest as an improvement is the ability to lock a manually entered value in the maximum heart rate settings. You can change this, and it adjusts the upper and lower limits for your Fat and Fit zones accordingly. However, if you go back into the settings and end up on the Max Heart Rate display it will revert the value to the default based on the calculation outlined in the manual (based on age, gender and weight).

It is such a small thing, and since it *is* possible to change this value in the settings I am still going give this product five stars.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this watch - it is far superior to anything else I've seen in this price class and I would buy another one without hesitation if anything happened to mine.
on 17 December 2010
Good, not wow but good.

the only negative thing I discovered, is the fact that the calorie counter doesn't always trigger, and you have to restart the watch. Can be annoying if you are already starting your session
on 8 January 2011
Very pleased with my purchase a few months ago, works very well. Bought this one for a friend who is equally pleased.
on 7 January 2013
It is so simple and straight forward to use, with easy to read digits and is very easy to program
on 3 April 2011
Excellent heart monitor, first one i have ever bought and is esay to use and has the basic functions that i required.
on 4 July 2016
This was a great cheap HRM and lasted years
on 18 February 2012
I dont understand why Sigma dont include a small tube of cardio gel in the box. I had to use cardio gel to get this to work (saliva does not do it). If Sigma included a small tube of cardio gel in the box so that you know whether the chest band works or not then I would have scored it higher. Otherwise it seems to be good.