- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX DC HSM Optical Stabilised lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A high quality 17-50 mm f2.8 zoom lens with optical stabilisation for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Constant fast f2.8 aperture
- Optical stabilisation enables the use of shutter speeds 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Ideal for landscapes snapshots and other everyday scenes
- Suitable for use with Nikon Digital SLR cameras with APS-C sensors
- Minimum focusing distance is 28 cm/11 inches
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras with APS-C Sensors
Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Nikon+Motor
Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC OS HSM for Nikon
Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical Lense for Nikon SLR/DSLR
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80 mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9.2 x 8.4 x 8.4 cm||8.8 x 8.7 x 8.7 cm||11.7 x 7.7 x 7.7 cm||8.2 x 7.9 x 7.9 cm||7.4 x 7.4 x 8.3 cm||8.6 x 8 x 8 cm|
|Item Weight||0.57 kg||—||435 grams||465 grams||430 grams||499 grams|
|Max Aperture||2.8||f/3.5||f/4||4||f/2.8||4 mm|
|Max Focal Length||50 mm||20 mm||300 mm||70 mm||60||80 mm|
|Min Focal Length||17 mm||10 mm||70 mm||17 mm||60||16 mm|
|Mounting Type||nikon||Nikonbayonet||Nikonbayonet||Nikon F||Nikonbayonet||Nikon F|
Style Name: Nikon Digital DSLR Camera
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
SIGMA 17-50MM LENS NIKON F.28 LARGE APETURE LENS
From the manufacturer
17-50mm F2.8 EX DC (OS)* HSM
The Camera Bag Staple
Sigma’s 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM large-aperture standard zoom lens covers a focal length from 17mm wide angle and offers a large aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, making it ideal for many types of photography especially portraiture and landscapes. The OS, Sigma’s anti shake feature offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. HSM provides fast and quiet AF. Sigma’s own FLD glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite along with two glass mold and one hybrid aspherical lens, provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. The Super Multi-Layer coating reduces flare and ghosting. This lens boasts superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp, high contrast images even at the maximum apertures. With a minimum focusing distance of 11 inches throughout the entire zoom range and a magnification ratio of 1:5. If you need to be ready for any photographic opportunity, even low light, then this Sigma lens is perfect. Compact and light weight, it’s a necessary addition to your camera bag.
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 83.5x91.8 mm/3.3x3.6 in
Weight: 565g / 19.9oz.
Since 1961, and with the recent introduction of Sigma Global Vision, we have worked toward one single, simple goal: To hold ourselves to the highest standard of design & manufacturing of imaging products. Photography is all we do. And it’s all we’ve done. So you can rest assured that it’s something we know extensively and care deeply about. You have a vision. We’ve made it our mission.
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps
- *OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The build quality is excellent feels really well built and solid. It has a 77mm filter thread which came in handy because all my nd filters for my tokina lens are 77mm.
CA is hardly noticeable and the little bit that is there can be corrected in light room. I am using it on my nikon d7000 and it auto focuses perfectly. I love this lens particularly shooting landscapes where I can use the focal length to my advantage.
If you are looking for a lens to replace your kit lens then this is the one although you aren't gaining much in terms of focal length but you are getting f/2.8 which will come in handy if you want to shoot the night sky over those clear summer nights.
Delivery was fast and the lens was in its official box with warranty and user guide. Thank you please see photos below taken with this lens
1. Image quality: this lens is noticeably sharper than the Tamron f/2.8 aspherical lens especially at lower apertures. f/2.8 is sometimes a struggle as focusing becomes a challenge, but shooting at f/3.2 to f/4 has been great, with no focus issues.
2. Build quality: The lens is heavier, but has a higher quality feel to it, with the optics also being larger than the Tamron. At the same price range I wasn't expecting this, but It's impressed me.
3. Stabilisation: The optical image stabilisation makes handheld/gimbal and tripod shots clearer and smoother. Even when used with a tripod the motion for close up moving shots is smoother and is more forgiving if I knock the lens slightly.
A couple of things to bear in mind when buying this (or DSLR lenses for video work). Focus throw is very short, especially at f/4 and below, meaning a slight tweak to the focus dial can easily throw your focus out. Using a higher f-stop makes things easier. The aperture isn't de-clicked, standard with photography lenses. Not an issue for the work I do.
Overall and after a few shoots, indoors and outdoors I've been really impressed with this lens at this price point. We'd buy again if we intend to stick with APS-C cameras. Thanks Sigma!
I got it and the first thing I loved was the weight, it felt like it was worth the money, it's solid and very well built. The image quality is fantastic. I started shooting straight away and the images are so much better with the IS on. The f2.8 is very good and offers a good DOF. I would defiantly recommend this lens.
It is a zoom lense with optical stabilizator and an aperture of f2.8. Perfect to replace the kit lenses 18-55.
Good features: optical stabilizator and good luminocity.
Usefull range: from 17mm to 50mm. It could cover from a landscape to a portrait.
it is not much sharp in f2.8. For my it is fine on f3.2 or f3.5
This lense is the best in this range of prices.
It works very well for the price and gives me pretty sharp video wide open (F/1.8 using the Speedbooster).
The Metabones Speedbooster XL (0.64) does cause a little vignetting in 1080p video mode and in stills mode, but since I only film in 4K or will zoom in slightly for stills this isn't s problem.
Great walk-around lens with the added advantage of have Image Stabilization built in.
I am impressed with the quality of the photographs it can produce as well. Saturation and contrast are the same if not better than the Canon 17-55 which I absolutely loved while I owned one. The softer end of the lens is 50mm at f2.8 which is still sharp in my opinion and is easy to improve in post-processing of course stopping up to 4.0 results in about as sharp as you can get bar going to a prime lens but even then there is not much in it (unless you go to the very expensive long primes). Colour is a little warmer than the Canon which is a good thing in my opinion. Weight and balance is good for my 40D so I imagine will also be good on later Canon models. The look and feel of the body is much better than the older felt style finish and will also age better, as those older lenses tended to get very battered looking when the finish came off.
The stabliser works very well and seems to come on instantly rather than the half second delay I am used to in other lenses. This threw me at first as I thought it wasn't working as I didn't see it "click".
In all I'm very impressed and totally happy to be back in DSLR + a high quality normal zoom country after 2 years with only a X100s which is also a great camera but doesn't have that DSLR+Sigma "look" that I love.