on 8 September 2014
I bought this book, as I love cruising. However, there was much more to this book, indicated by the title,'Sicknote goes Cruising.' How the author can write with so much humour, when he is obviously in pain and has limited energy and movement is beyond me. I have found the descriptions of Arcadia & Artemis familiar, and just wish that I was back on a ship.
on 26 February 2015
Having been on a med cruise on the Queen Elizabeth in December, spotted this in the bookshop, captain signed it for me and I then bought the download too as didn't want to crease my good paperback lol.

A great diary of the trials and tribulations of Dennis as he copes with M.E. As if that wasn't bad enough his wife then falls ill and they have to cope with that too. Enjoyed reliving the ports we visited and other people's experiences. Will be buying the sequel.

So pleased with Mandy's progress.
on 11 May 2014
A remarkable first book.

Rob (aka A.O.T.H.) has expressed it so well above, as did Helen in the first review that I need to add little more, other than to agree that this is a "must read", not only for anyone with an interest in cruising but also for those who just enjoy a warm, human story so obviously told from the heart.
on 4 August 2014
book another cruise ... I loved this book, Sort of two stories in one... Dennis and Mandy life with all its ups and downs. Life is tough sometimes but how they dealt with it comes over very well in the book. The cruises and the experiences on them are well covered and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book .
on 14 July 2014
Well written with more than a touch of humour. The descriptions of the cruises are spot on and give almost a review for each cruise and their ports of call. The writer's illness is well portrayed but with no self-pity, and enables the reader to have a greater understanding of the problems he faces every day. An excellent read whether you are a regular cruiser or not. I would thoroughly recommend this book
on 15 May 2014
This book although different to what I expected proved to be interesting, informative and very funny! From the first few pages I cared what happen to the author Dennis Richards through the ups and downs of cronic
on 1 May 2014
Having seen this book mentioned on a cruising forum I thought I would try it.

I was amazed, as far as I know the author is not a professional writer but it is SO well written. A very easy read and a wel ltold story, not just cruising but if P&O read this give the man a job!!
on 7 May 2014
Hilarious because that is what Dennis does so well when writing about cruising. Humbling because he still maintains that marvellous sense of humour when telling of the truly bad things that he and the lovely Mandy have been through together.

I have followed his reviews on the a cruise forum, and have always found them hilarious and informative. I was thrilled when I heard about his decision to publish, and duly downloaded to my Kindle. It was every good as I thought it would be, and may I add my request to the other folk that have asked for book 2 to be considered?

Good luck to you both, and I would love to meet you on a P & O cruise sometime!!
on 11 May 2014
Absolutely brilliant and like other reviewers I could not put it down. It is funny, sad and very informative on both cruising and keeping on top of illness not just Dennis but Mandy as well. Such a strong couple and an inspiration. First book for a long time I have not skipped to the end as I did not want to miss a bit of it. Also have started to read bits again. I also feel I know Dennis through the cruise forum especially the old P & O forum. Yes P & O should definitely have this on their books for sale shelf. Definitely recommend this book. Happy cruising Dennis hope you make one soon.
on 21 August 2014
This book is a heart-warming read, very witty and sad at the same time. Dennis so accurately describes the difficulties faced by someone with CFS and how he and his wife have coped coming to terms with it, adjusting their lives to manage Dennis' illness. I thoroughly recommend this book. It's also made me consider going cruising myself. Hope Dennis is on some sort of commission from P&O! Look forward to the sequel.