- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Shut Up and Give Me the Mic Paperback – 6 Jun 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Dee Snider is the lead singer and songwriter for the multiple-platinum-selling heavy metal band Twisted Sister. He is also a noted reality show star, radio personality, and voice-over talent, as well as a screenwriter and author of the book Dee Snider's Teenage Survival Guide.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Dee is a great and intelligent writer. His story is amazing too. Dee seems to have everything all planned out in advance regarding his life.
The book tells of the early bands of Dee, prior to Twisted - incredibly the UK is responsible for getting Twisted signed.
He then writes of the rise to the top, then of some sneaking suspicion that instead of reaching the heights of Prince or Alice Cooper, things are heading down.
Im a fan of Dee, but in reading this book you can see how irritating he could have been to band members. He mentions within the band there was constant piss taking of eachother and that he upset the others with his snide remarks. Earlier on he mentions a drummer (Tony Petri) throwing a boot at him in the dressing room. Snider says he won't tolerate violence. So tolerating insults is ok but not a flying boot?
At the end of the book, Love is for suckers, Desperado and Widowmaker are sketched over. This is a shame, especially as he says these bands are some of his finest work and I would agree. Maybe there will be a second book on this?
Some history is omitted from the book including the fact that Love is for suckers was all overdubbed by a session guitarist Reb Beech and that Joe Franco played synth drums on it instead of a proper kit.
Anway, my review is all over the place but in short: Dee is a great, hilarious writer. If you're a Twisted or Dee fan, buy this book. It's a real page turner!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Heavy Metal
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Rock & Pop
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Scores, Songbooks & Lyrics > Rock & Pop
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles