- Paperback: 314 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (9 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1478213655
- ISBN-13: 978-1478213659
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (310 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,718 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy Paperback – 9 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
-K-Rider (Amazon Verified Purchase)
"Simple recipes, but they taste good, adding variety to my menu. A few recipes have already become regulars and my weight loss program is still on track."
-Kynn (Amazon Verified Purchase)
"This book has great variety and will keep me eating lean and healthy, allowing me to continue to build lean muscle mass, as I continue to progress on my workout program. Definitely worth the download."
"These recipes are easy to prepare, fairly cheap, and provide healthy ways to get your micro-nutrients with really tasty foods!"
-James Robert (Amazon Verified Purchase)
If you want to know how to build muscle and burn fat by eating healthy, delicious meals that are easy to cook and easy on your wallet, then you want to read this book.
Do you lack confidence in the kitchen and think that you just can't cook great food?
Are you not sure of how to prepare food that is not only delicious and healthy but also effective in helping you build muscle and lose fat?
Are you afraid that cooking nutritious, restaurant-quality meals is too time-consuming and expensive?
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, don't worry--you're not alone. And this book is the answer: With it, you can cook fast, healthy, and tasty meals every day (and on a reasonable budget) that will help you build muscle or lose weight, regardless of your current skills.
The Shredded Chef is more than just a bunch of recipes, though. It's going to teach you the true scientific basics of gaining muscle and losing fat, because bad diet advice is an epidemic these days.
In this book, you're going to learn how to eat right without having to obsess over every calorie. These 9 scientifically proven rules for eating are the foundation of every great physique, and they have nothing to do with following weird diets or depriving yourself of everything that tastes good.
And the recipes themselves? In this book you'll find 114 healthy, flavorful recipes specifically designed for athletes that want to build muscle or lose fat. Regardless of your fitness goals, this book has got you covered.
Here's a "sneak peek" of the recipes you'll find inside:
- 18 fast, delicious breakfast recipes like Peanut Butter Power Oatmeal, French Muscle Toast, High-Protein Banana Oatcakes, Lean and Mean Zucchini Hash Brown, Macho Mexican Scramble and more. Whether you're trying to burn fat or build muscle, you'll find recipes that will help you get there.
- 18 mouthwatering chicken dishes like Chicken Stroganoff, Tasty Thai Chicken, Jerk Chicken Stir Fry, Honey-Garlic Chicken, and more. Forget boring chicken dishes, even when cutting!
- 14 tasty beef recipes like Low-Fat Russian Beef Stroganoff, Lean Bison Burgers, Vietnamese Beef Noodles, Meathead Meatballs, and more. Enjoy beef like never before with these creative recipes and you'll even find low-calorie beef dishes designed for losing weight!
- 10 savory fish and seafood recipes like Turkey Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Provencal Baked Halibut, Salmon Burgers, Tasty Tuna Melt, and more. Never again settle for flavorless, unappetizing fish and seafood--these recipes will have you singing praises for the sea!
- 7 hearty, healthy pasta recipes like Chicken Pesto Pasta, Asparagus & Goat Cheese Pasta, Classic Pasta Bolognese, Beef Lasagna, Chicken Fettuccine with Mushrooms, and more. Each of the pasta dishes are high in protein, making them great muscle-building treats.
- 14 awesome side dishes like Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Fries, Hot 'n Healthy Brown Rice, Zucchini Risotto, Couscous Salad, and more. You're going to love mixing and matching these side dishes with the entrees and discovering your favorite combinations!
- 5 delectable desserts like Key Lime Pie, Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Protein Mousse, Banana Cream Pie, and more. These sugar-free desserts will satisfy your sweet tooth without the calorie overload!
- And more! (I haven't even mentioned the recipes for pork, salads, protein shakes, protein bars, and snacks...)
With this book you'll also get a free 31-page bonus report from the author called "Muscle Meals: How to Use Nutrition to Maximize Your Muscle and Torch Your Fat."
In this bonus report, you'll learn the truth about "good" and "bad" carbs and exactly which you should eat and which you should avoid, and 5 snacks that are delicious, easy to make, and that can help you build muscle and lose fat.
Scroll up and click the "Buy" button now to learn how to cook nutritious, delicious meals that make building muscle and burning fat easy! See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Some people have mentioned about the lack of pictures. Whist I agree that is a 'nice to have', in other ways I actually prefer the fact that I'm not trying to build a Michelin style plate. If you're like me, trying to get through life with work, kids, spouse, exercising, running a house etc etc etc... I find myself short on time, so I'll leave the fancy dinners for the days when I have time. For the majority of the time (90%) I'll stick with Mike's book!
My only gripe - Is that it uses cups as measurement, which doesn't translate over here.
It's so cheap, you're gonna get good ideas from it - no brainer purchase.
The only hang up on this product is that it's missing photographs of the finished meals which is something I like in a cook book, I can only think that the lack of photos is because of frugality and trying to keep the costs of printing low. I would recommend this cook book but if an alternative is available with illustrations I would probably buy that one instead.
I understand its about the meals and what they do but god damn is it boring to look at. Black and white text and.....thats it literally.
I would of happily paid an extra few pounds for this book knowing it had pics.
I like to see what my food is going to look like and thought this was a pretty obvious thing in a recipe book.
I could of probably printed this off the printer.
Im going to keep it though and try a few recipes.
The book itself... I'm not a big fan on reading or cooking... but I like to eat (probably what got me into trouble in the first place ) I've jumped from diet fad to diet fad only to fall off the wagon either because the food suggestions are horrible or just too time consuming... thought I'd just have a quick glance through only to find I read the whole thing from cover to cover... deffo an informative and enjoyable read. Mike really does give it without the bull. The only supplement I can remember he mentioned was whey protein (considered a supplement? I would say so) I'm really excited to get cooking and more importantly loss weight. I'm currently 17st 6 lbs and 6ft 1 so I have lots to achieve. Going to run this along with my second bout of the insanity work out. I'll update this review at day 30 and 60 and tell you how this book combined with insanity worked for me. Thanks Mike! (My first amazon review)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not only am I now shredded, I am also a chef now! Will recommend to friends who are looking for something like this. In all seriousness it's a great book with lots of good recipes.Published 13 days ago by Stephen McPhee
Happy with book it really helped me with meal prepping and had some great ideas for cooking. Wouldve liked to have seen more photos of the food thoughPublished 28 days ago by Idris Vaughan
Great recipes some people may not like the fact that the recipes don't have pictures but all the important information is there to help track your macros.Published 1 month ago by Colin Starling
Ate a meal from this book and I'm still a fat c*nt!
Some good recipes though!
This is a great down to earth cooking book. I have many books that require loads of ingredients or simply fancy ingredients that you deliberately have to get to cook the recipes... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Fran