TOP 50 REVIEWERon 26 June 2014
Sarah is a maths geek a statistician. Sebastian is a hockey player a rookie and at 24 ten years younger than her. Sarah is hired by the NHL to work with the Buffalo Storm, the manager and head coach are sceptics. Not only because they can't see how maths can help the team, but she's a woman. When Sarah arrives the first person she meets is Sebastian, even though he's younger she's attracted to him. But she knows that a tall handsome and sexy man like him would never look at her, she's also conscious that she's much older. But Sebastian is attracted to her, the age gap means nothing to him. There's just one problem the management will not be happy if anything were to happen between them. So Sarah tries to stay well away from him.

This is a very romantic read. Sebastian is french/Canadian so he's got that sexy accent going on. Sarah loves her new job, and she fights very hard at their growing attraction. I really liked how their relationship was a slow burn. I was willing Sarah to give in as Sebastian was so sweet and sexy. But he was also very possessive as well. This is a lovely read it made a change to read about a sports romance hero who wasn't a womaniser. I read this story in a box set Heart of a Champion But I liked it so much I thought it deserved a separate review.
on 18 March 2016
•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••

Kai Kennicott and Wen Ross ’s performances are always stellar. This book was way more intense than most of the books I have listened to by them, but I am pretty sure that has something to do with the serious nature of some of the subject matter. I wish there were After School Specials like this when I was growing up! It was amazing and uplifting even when the worst things happened, due in a large part, to the true emotions conveyed by both actors as well as the great writing of the characters. I truly believe this book would not have been something I would have enjoyed even half as much without their performance. I hope the continue on in the series as they are a perfect fit!

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

This series must be listened to (or read) in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to listen to Underneath It All!

Sara is so excited to start her new job as a Statistical Analysis for The Storm. Hockey has always been her favorite sport. She (and the NHL) believe she can really make a difference in the way the team plays leading to more goals, better playing, and winning more games. She expects a bit of flak especially because she is a woman... And because she doesn't think anyone will understand exactly what she is doing. Hopefully she can make a difference and get to keep her Dream Job! What she didn't expect was a rookie hockey player to take an instant shine to her... And refuse to give up no matter how hard she tried to dissuade him. Is she ready for a relationship? Or even a big of fun? Is it worth risking both of their careers over? Can she resist him? Should she even try?

***This chicklit contemporary sports romances series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy some drama, horror and heartache and quite a bit of humor before the requisite HEA :)
on 28 July 2013
First of all I would like to thank Cassandra Carr for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Should've Know Better is a sweet, frustrating contemporary romance.

Meet Sarah a Hockey fan and maths geek who on the first day of her new job with the Buffalo Storm Hockey team runs smack, literally, into Sebastian, a young rookie hockey player looking to make the NHL team.
I like the way Sebastian's character was written. Even though he's a very sexy, very desirable young man he has confidence issues and struggles to express himself with Sarah. I absolutely loved this new side to a lead male character. It makes him more human and easier to connect with. He really does melt your heart.

Sarah, OMG I haven't even got words to describe how I feel about Sarah's character! She is selfish, self-centred, spoilt and makes me SO MAD I just wanted to jump into my Kindle and kick her ass.

This is an easy read book that has been well written. The scenes and plot develop well as does the character development.
on 26 July 2013
I so loved this book. This had a wonderful storyline & I just loved the characters in it. Sport fanatics will love this. A female math geek with some sex thrown in.... An ideal read on a sunny afternoon:)

Received this from author in return for an honest review.
This was my first Cassandra Carr read but it certainly won't be my last!!
on 11 July 2013
Really enjoyed this book it was a real page turner .... The book read very well and you could imagine yourself in the book .. I shouted at Sarah a few times telling her to hurry up and get with him ... It was nice to read a love story that kept you guessing ...