- Paperback: 300 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (3 Nov. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415953804
- ISBN-13: 978-0415953801
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 1.7 x 29.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,058,305 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Short-Term Couples Therapy Paperback – 3 Nov 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Imago Therapy is a brief and effective approach to treating couples. All therapists need to understand and be able to use this model. Dr. Luquet clearly describes the basic ingredients for successful relationships as well as the six basic sessions used in Imago Short-Term Therapy. This book should be required reading for students as well as practicing professionals." - Jon Carlson, Distinguished Professor, Governors State University and author, Time for a Better Marriage
"Short-Term Couples Therapy is a user-friendly guide to the powerful force of Imago Therapy. It’s succinct, practical, and ready to be used. Very readable; very hands-on." - Pat Love, author of The Truth About Love
"Luquet offers a practical protocol for therapists rquired to pack effective therapy into six sessions. Luquet targets a therapist audience well and provides a finely-honed blueprint for therapy. Many therapists struggle with finding ways to do effective couples work in just a few sessions. For therapists in this position, Luquet provides a valuable resource in this Imago therapy protocol that leads couples to integrate present and past work in a format that is both educational and experiential." - Susan N. Perkins, M.A., Virginia Tech, in Journal of Couple & Relationship Therapy
About the Author
Wade Luquet, M.S.W., Ph.D., is associate professor of Sociology at Gwynedd-Mercy College in suburban Philadelphia, PA. He is also on the academic faculty of Imago Relationships International. He maintains a private practice in North Wales, PA, with his wife, Marianne.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
As stated above, after one of us in the office bought it, others jumped on the band wagon to buy it. We look forward to our work with couples now.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Marriage
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Weddings
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups