- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Prime Books (23 Oct. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1607013614
- ISBN-13: 978-1607013617
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 2.8 x 22.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,213,500 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Shoggoths in Bloom Paperback – 23 Oct 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The task is easier here, because the multiple award winning story "Tideline" is so good that it justifies the purchase of the book, and so everything else is just gravy.
Elizabeth Bear is a fine writer; you will not find fault with her technique or her skills. More problemattic is her choice of subjects and themes, and the treatment she gives some fairly old-school topics, (mind control, robot rights, racial equality, genetic engineering). All of her stories are worth reading; some of them you will find particularly rewarding. None of them will disappoint.
Bear has already created an estimable body of work. If you aren't familiar with her this collection is a fine and fairly representative sampler. Think of it as a tasting menu and you won't be disappointed.
Please note that I received a free ecopy of this book in exchange for a candid review. Apart from that I have no connection at all to either the author or the publisher of this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A collection of beautiful short stories, which I read on Kindle. I now want to read more of her work.Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer