Shoes Were For Sunday Mass Market Paperback – 29 Mar 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Molly Weir was born in 1910 and grew up in Glasgow. Best known for her role as the character Hazel McWitch in the BBC TV series Rentaghost, she appeared prolifically on TV, radio and in film. Shoes Were For Sunday received great acclaim when first published in 1970, and became a bestseller. She died in 2004, leaving the proceeds of her estate, including the royalties from sales of this book, to the poor and elderly of her beloved Springburn in Glasgow.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I couldn't put this book down and was sorry when it ended. A brilliant true life story of life for a child in Molly weir' s day. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Mrs. S. M. Hammerton
This book was what I call a lovely read .Times was so hard in them days .but people just got on with itPublished 8 months ago by Sue thwaites
Great book .I read books very day and this was a pleasure to read .like stepping back in time 👌Published 10 months ago by megan
Those were the days a when children had respect for their elders.avery enjoyable read with lots of humour to laugh at. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Pauline Ward
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History > Local & Urban History
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Health & Welfare
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences