- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Thames and Hudson Ltd; Rev Ed edition (2 Sept. 1991)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0500275823
- ISBN-13: 978-0500275825
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 2.9 x 27.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 36 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 36,924 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Shock of the New: Art and the Century of Change Paperback – 2 Sep 1991
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The definitive book on 20th-century art and design. --Creative Review
A genuine landmark, presenting the story of 20th-century art with unparalleled immediacy. --Elle Decoration
An illustrated 100-year history of modern art, from cubism to pop and avant-guard. .See all Product description
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The author has a unique writing style which can be a little verbose is easily absorbed, the content and critique is excellent, he is not afraid of giving opinion. Many art books are just glorified lists of prominent artists of each "ism" giving a brief outline of each movement, its mandate, a few photographs of the most well known paintings, then onto the next "ism". The Shock of the New is a very good read, it would help if the BBC produced the Documentary on DVD so you could read and watch a the same time
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The book is the same, but the edition is different and presents labels of a public library on the last page.Read more