Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) forum

Shipped already???? Hmmm

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Mar 2010 20:24:48 GMT
Rangnarok says:
Hi guys, I ordered this yesterday from here and just checked my Emails a second ago not really expecting much but there is an Email from Amazon saying that this order has been shipped already via Royal Mail??! Isn't the release date the 9th of March?? Hmmm, dunno. I'll believe it if it shows up on my doorstep tomorrow or Saturday.

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 20:27:35 GMT
Rangnarok says:
Proof by the way,

"Today 7dayshop.com shipped item(s) in your order, placed on March 03,

==================================================
SHIPPING DETAILS
==================================================

The following items were sold by and shipped from 7dayshop.com in package
1 of this shipment:

1 of Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Shipping Carrier: Royal Mail

Ship Date: March 04, 2010
Shipping Speed: Standard"

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 20:30:54 GMT
David Thorp says:
Some people that have bought from other websites are reporting theirs have shipped too. You ordered from a 3rd party seller so guessing that third party has also shipped early

in meantime I've pre ordered from amazon directly months ago and am still waiting for amazon to pull their fingers out. Come on amazon, others have had theirs shipped!!!

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 20:35:34 GMT
Rangnarok says:
Do yourself a favour dude and order it from 7dayshop! I ordered late lastnight and the Email I recieved saying it was shipped was sent at half 9 this morning. I didnt even notice it wasnt from Amazon until I was about to complete the order and was a bit wary about ordering from someone else.

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 20:43:46 GMT
David Thorp says:
I have amazon gift certificates which have paid for ffxiii in full otherwise I may have considered ordering elsewhere. Will just have to wait for amazon to pull their fingers out

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2010 08:10:08 GMT
HTC Carr says:
What do you mean by 'pull their fingers out'? You're saying it's not that Amazon are complying with release date rules, but that they're just being lazy?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2010 10:57:15 GMT
David Thorp says:
If you don't know what "pull their fingers out" means I can only suggest you purchase the linked product immediately which will assist you

Paperback Oxford English Dictionary: 120 000 words, phrases, and definitions. Spelling-notes, Factfinder

other sites have dispatched. 3rd party sellers have dispatched. Amazon have done naff all. Wouldn't surprise me if they have oversold the pre-orders and will start cancelling them at last minute. Wouldn't be the first time this year that's happened. Star trek online comes immediately to mind and that was also withdrawn from sale by amazon and only available from 3rd parties immediately prior to release

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2010 16:23:03 GMT
HTC Carr says:
I see, so you did mean that you felt it was remiss of Amazon to not break the street date. Pulling their fingers out in this case means ignoring commercial statutes. Now it makes perfect sense.

You know, we all enjoy getting stuff early, but it's not really Amazon's place to decide that four days before release date is close enough to the release date. Release dates are in place for solid commercial and legal reasons, and I'd prefer major retailers to stick to them.

Posted on 5 Mar 2010 17:32:37 GMT
B. Romain says:
Hope they will ship mine soon aswell , I can see on forums everyone had theirs shipped but amazon

Posted on 5 Mar 2010 18:19:32 GMT
It's illegal to sell products before the release date :S.. So i don't know why 7dayshop.com have dispatched them.. I just hope you don't receive the Japanese version instead on the English one..

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2010 18:20:58 GMT
Daniel Lynch says:
Game and Shopto have shipped theirs out too.

Posted on 5 Mar 2010 18:38:36 GMT
Rangnarok says:
Update, didn't arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow! I actually feel sorry for all the guys who pre-ordered it months ago and still haven't had it shipped! Considering I ordered it late on the 3rd and had it shipped early on the 4th. Cant really blame Amazon though for not shipping it yet. The release date is the 9th!

Posted on 5 Mar 2010 22:32:22 GMT
Tsangestu says:
My copy from TheHut.com has been dispatched already too hence I've cancelled my preorder from Amazon today.

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 03:40:16 GMT
K. Bennett says:
Many other places were offering delivery on the day of release which is why I didn't go with amazon for this and a previous video game release last year. They do need to realize others are offering delivery on release day and it is costing them sales. I pre ordered with amazon originally around a month ago knowing they don't deliver on release date. Then seen thehut were offering delivery on day of release for slightly more than amazon at the time so I cancelled with amazon. I also pre ordered at shopto.net at this time who had it for £34.99. then thehut dropped their price to £34.93 several days ago and were offering 10% off ps3 games that day only so I cancelled with shopto and re ordered with thehut and got the game for £31.44 and it was dispatched this morning. Amazon you need to look into other sites and their offers to get more sales on video games, I would of ordered from you if you had delivery on release day.

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 07:58:44 GMT
David Thorp says:
Michaela perhaps you'd be kind enough to furnish us with a link to the relevant act of parliament to back up your claim that it is illegal to sell games before their release date. Good luck with that!

If it were illegal I'm sure other sites wouldn't have even bothered posting early. But other sites in the interest of providing a good customer experience and ensuring that their customers get it in time for release have dispatched at the back end of this week. Amazon in the meantime, in order to guarantee that anyone who ordered using first class delivery receives the game in time for the release day need to post them by lunchtime today. Otherwise they'll be posting on Monday and upgrading me to next day delivery free of charge!

On the subject of release dates, if a developer really wanted to be anal about them it wouldn't take too much coding to prevent a title from working before a certain date but I can imagine the backlash they would receive if they did do this

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 08:14:29 GMT
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the order being shipped and dispatched?I was under the impression dispatched meant it was on route to me and shipped meant that it was on route to amazon from external supplier!?am I wrong?

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 10:08:19 GMT
David Thorp says:
Think both mean the same thing really, that it's been posted and is on its merry way to you

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 10:45:09 GMT
B. Romain says:
Do we have a chance of the items beeing prepared today ? or we gotta wait till monday now

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 11:06:21 GMT
Mr. P. Hurst says:
If it doesnt turn up on Tuesday after ordering it from Amazon years ago its the last time I am ever going to use them for games.

The delivery options and reliablility from this site has taken a real nosedive over the last few months.

The service is now one of the worst. The prices are still generally the best.

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 12:12:44 GMT
S. Johnson says:
I ordered mine from zavvi.com for £34.95 - it shipped on Friday but I wouldn't be surprised if I received it on Tuesday the 9th. My post is usually rubbish on Mondays - hopefully this time will be an exception!

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 12:36:49 GMT
Burzum says:
just got mine - collector's edition this morning from coolshop.co.uk, very impressed, good price too.

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 13:50:00 GMT
David Thorp says:
Well I've e-mailed amazon about this debarcle, had a response from someone who doesn't speak English as their first language which was about as much use as a chocolate teapot but did make the following admission

"we do have your copy of "Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)" on hand"

So it seems amazon have stock but are choosing to allow them to gather dust in a warehouse somewhere rather than post them to their customers and keep them happy like other websites are.

I have 4 other game pre orders with amazon and unless they sort this out pronto my finger will be well and truly on the cancel button

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 14:45:51 GMT
E Price says:
Why do people expect Amazon to release the game early? And why is it a "debaracle?" When people ordered the game with Amazon, they knew that the release date is the 9th on this month. This is clearly stated when a person places a pre-order. Amazon have absolutely no obligation to release an item earlier than the agreed release date. If other stores want to sneak out orders ahead of time, that it their choice, but Amazon are doing nothing wrong here. It has absolutely nothing to do with having stock. '9th March' is the confirmed release date.

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 15:08:15 GMT
David Thorp says:
Indeed 9th of March is the release date. The date at which anyone who pre ordered should receive their copy otherwise what's the point in pre-ordering online rather than in a store. That's how other sites have worked and how amazon have worked with items I have pre-ordered in the past. So yes it is a debarcle that amazon haven't bothered to post stock that is currently gathering dust in their warehouses to allow sufficient time for it to be delivered in time for the release date.

Large retailers such as Game wouldn't risk posting copies out early to ensure delivery on the release date if they weren't allowed to or if as another poster claimed (but hasn't yet found the act of parliament their claim was based on) it is illegal. It's not illegal or wrong its called good customer service, something amazon so far seem to be lacking with this release unless they plan to post everyones on Monday and up their deliveries to next day delivery something which would cost amazon a hell of a lot and a cost they could have saved by posting on time or early.

No one expects to get a game early though it is nice if it does happen. It isn't too much to expect an internet seller to make sure that pre-orders are received by the release date though something amazon aren't planning to do with this release and if they don't manage it chances are they will lose a good many customers to sites that do ensure pre-orders are received on the day of release

Posted on 6 Mar 2010 15:10:50 GMT
B. Romain says:
Im kinda disappointed too , I aint living in Uk , and would have enjoyed to receive it on the 10th , but it looks like it will be no sooner than the 12th now...
Oh well , might cancel my other preorder for SSFIV and go with another retailer , time will tell!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  4 Mar 2010
Latest post:  10 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
3.5 out of 5 stars (218)