Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.99

VINE VOICEon 20 August 2012
I read many of Douglas Reeman's novels years ago, and during a chance conversation in a public house recently, this book was recommended to me. I thought that I wouldn't be able to obtain a copy, but I was wrong - Amazon UK solved that for me.
It was a book I found difficult to put down, it took me back to my time whilst in the Royal Navy, although I served twenty years after the story was set, the nautical language was one I was very familiar with, as were the characters - I knew of similar, with less blood shed, as this novel was set in the Second World War, whereas, my particular war was Aden.
on 3 August 2014
THIS BOOK BY DOUGLAS REEMAN IS PART OF A 33 SET OF BOOKS ABOUT THE SECOND WORLD WAR,THAT ARE ALL SEPERATE STORY LINES, AND ALL AS GOOD AS EACH OTHER, THAT IS IF YOU LIKE WAR STORIES,THERE ARE NONE BETTER
on 30 September 2015
A cracking yarn giving a feeling for serving on a warship through difficult times, not sparing the tragedy and bloodshed. The characters are human, with human strengths and weaknesses and well developed, not just caricatures.
on 10 April 2014
I read this book once before years ago and enjoyed it, but had not got the book. Amazon is the only place I found it as I have asked numerous book shops and been told it is out of print. Thank you Amazon, at least I can keep it now.

Charles Clarke
on 19 January 2013
He keeps them coming does Douglas Reeman. This novel looks at the Australian's part in WW2 as well as the British efforts. He is always good and even recognising the good sides of the German Navy.
on 26 February 2013
a book that flows with all the threads and story lines coming together. I have read this book several times, as a book and as an e-book . One i shall keep in my library.
on 21 June 2014
Have read this story a few times over the years. I have worn out the original book so having got my Android tablet it is now on there so can read it anytime. well worth the price.
on 15 May 2014
As I've said time,and time again fantastic author,you become apart of the ships compliment,takes me back to the days when I was in although it was a lot later than 39-45-war.
on 8 December 2014
A real good old we won the war tale, with the goodies and baddies getting it right in the end, great best time to read it read.in bed ! !
on 12 March 2015
A great story with characters one cared about or disliked. It's what one has come to expect from Reeman and what more does one want??