on 9 April 2017
Since the mid 90's I've used many types of clipless pedals but I always find myself going back to Shimano SPD's. The reason for doing this is the double sided design, ease of clipping in and the ability to walk around in the cleats after you get off your bike.

I have the same system on my commuter, mountain and this particular pair on my road bike. This means although I do t have to worry about which shows I am wearing.

The pedals themselves are simple and bulletproof they will never let you down.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2014
I am new to clipless biking, but after going head over handlebars when my foot slipped off the pedals I decided to give these a try. They're as cheap as chips, so if I didn't get on with them I wouldn't have bankrupted myself, but as it is I can't fault them. I bought a pair of B'Twin shoes and the clips supplied with the pedals fitted them a treat. It takes a little getting used to, especially remembering to unclip yourself before you stop rather than as you start to gently topple over. I wouldn't recommend them if you don't have the proper shoes, as the pedals are much smaller than conventional pedals. I'm well chuffed with these and really don't see the need for more expensive sets.

A note to the first-time buyer: I fitted these to my bike myself. One old pedal came off easily enough, but I spent half an hour of swearing and straining, bending a spanner in the process, before realising that one of the pedals on bikes is left-hand threaded.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2018
New to clip in pedals I thought I would try these after reading reviews. All I can say is that I think they are great for the money. Combined with the proper shoes and cleats my cycle rides are more enjoyable. I ride to try and keep a bit fit so out most nights and weekends for short rides around the 20-30 mile mark and think these have been a great investment to help me get further, quicker and easier compared to using my flat pedals and trainers.
on 6 March 2013
This is my first step into cycling with cleated pedals, and I went made a bee line for these, I have bought a fair amount of Shimano kit for my bikes before and, just like everything else I've had off them, the quality is excellent.

Like most people new to this, I did fall over as a result of not releasing my foot, but the knack soon comes. I started off with a couple of small runs down the road with only one foot clipped in to get used to the release, and it comes easily enough.

The mechanical feel of these pedals is excellent. The cleats click in with a satisfying sound, and the release is easy when you need it to be, but I've not had them come out when cycling.

Overall, these are excellent pedals, and they do come with cleats included (which I didn't realise. Spare set of cleats, anyone?) - just be expected to spend some time getting used to them if you've never used them before.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2013
I ordered two pairs of these pedals for our tandem replacing the flat pedals. For both of us they were a new experience, and with the correct shoes they work faultlessly. To be absolutely clear, the pack included a pair of metal cleats and the special screws required to fit them to the underside of your SPD compatible shoe. Also be aware that the SPD fitting is nothing like SPD SL, which uses a 3 hole pattern and plastic cleats.
Like all clip in pedal systems you need to to practice the clip in and out, and my tandem partner had a little difficulty locating the cleat in the pedal at first. Unclipping she found easy. Once pedalling you can just forget the pedals, which on a tandem is a godsend, as it is easy to become disconnected from a flat pedal when the cadence is too high or it changes too quickly.
It looks like an all metal construction that will last for years. Full marks ...
on 12 June 2018
At first, i had no clue how to use this, it turned into a guessing game, but these work like a dream! I highly suggest them because theyre sturdy, strong, durable, easy to put your foot on (after practising) but yeah! Is a "must get" for anyone into biking
on 21 February 2013
Having just taken up cycling (road) again (6 weeks ago) after many years, I was advised by a work colleague that clipless pedals are the way forward.

At first I was very apprehensive, mainly because of my complete inexperience. But after my foot slipped out of the original pedals left pedal strap from a static start at a traffic junction, thus causing my foot to collide and completely buckle my front wheel mudguard, I decided to go to for the old traditional heavy duty flat standard pedal in an effort to build up my confidence about riding on the roads.

I ordered these in an effort to use them later in the spring, but they arrived today and I thought lets try them out. I read other reviews and adjusted the tension to the minimum setting, fitted the cleats onto my newly aquired Muddy Fox SPD shoes, then tried getting my feet in and out of the pedals by leaning against my house outside wall, after 15 mins or so, I decided to try them out proper and I have to say, they were brilliant.

No falls, no drivers of cars, trucks sounding their horns, when moving off from static starts at junctions. Always had my right shoe connected to pedal, but when moving off I found clicking my left foot into the pedal no problem. Superb Buy.
One person found this helpful
on 22 October 2016
Great peddles by a top brand name at an unbeatable price. Against current fashion, I still prefer to clip in to my MTB and after trying several variations these are my pedals of choice. Looking around on Amazon, I was able to find at a great price too. Robust, easy to fit and easy to adjust I can't recommend highly enough.
on 22 January 2018
Recently bought a CX bike and wanted MTB pedals on it, was wondering how I would get on with them as I'm used to road cleats and pedals on my road bike but these are if anything easier to clip in and out
on 24 May 2017
easy to fit, never used SPD's/cleats before and I have used these with Shimano Mt34 shoes and despite taking a while to master clipping in I find them secure but easy to release when required (only one fall so far!!!). Did a number of training rides and then the C2C cycle route without problem.
One person found this helpful