Size: 9 UK|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£52.61 - £65.29

on 22 April 2011
I was swithering about buying cycling shoes as they are often quite pricey and felt that a good trainer would suffice and offer more flexibility of use. However, I spotted these shoes and decided to make a purchase then delayed again during which time the price dropped further and I did not hesitate. Been out two or three times already and they are so comfortable, the fibre glass stiffener in the sole increases the pedalling efficiency.Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe
on 25 March 2013
These shoes are very well made, I have done over 1000 miles with them now and they are holding up well. The fit is pretty tight and I really would like to go one bigger. They are long enough but very narrow. This isn't a problem I normally experience with 'normal' shoes. I had to wear them quite a bit to get them to 'expand' to get any comfort from them.

My gripe with the shoes is the weather protection. They do not advertise weather protection and they are clearly not meant to be 'cosy'. The problem is that every cycle my feet get absolutely freezing cold from the wind or rain. To say these shoes are not waterproof is an understatement. If it even looks like raining these shoes will be drenched by the end of the ride. I have dried them out every single time I have cycled in the wet. This is at least a testament to sturdy build quality that they have survived this.

Considering these are mountain bike shoes I just expect a little better on the weather protection front. I have mainly used them on road, I am not sure I would dare take them on any muddy UK paths!
I have tried these with Neoprene weather covers and they were a bit better but they are clearly designed for warmer climates than ours. I have also tried them with 'sealskinz' socks. Whilst the socks keep out the water, because of the tight fit my feet get cold from circulation getting reduced! Not the fault of the manufacturer at all but annoying for me nonetheless.

If you want a pair of cheap spd shoes for the warm weather then I 100% recommend these shoes, but bear in mind they are narrow. If you commute in all weather like I do - forget it. You need something warmer.
on 6 December 2011
Hi everybody.I'm an XC rider,I take place in marathon,endurance and epic XC races.I needed something tough and comfort,because when ridding a bike for 5-6 hours non-stop racing you need to be comfortable. I managed to try this ride and they are brilliant!

First of all,when installing the cleats,be careful not to tighten the screws too much not to hurt them.It's easy to install the cleats,just remove the base which the screws hold and place the cleats.I use them with crank brothers eggbeaters and they work together perfect!I used the crank brothers cleats screws and not the shoes screws.If doing that,be careful because if the screws are too long,you're gonna injure the inner shoe (and so your foot...)!

As most of the other writers claimed,you have to order one size number bigger than your everyday shoes.I have a 45 EU size foot so i ordered the 46 EU - 10,5 UK size and fits perfect!

They are pretty comfortable on mountainwalking when needed,too!The only disadvantage,which is not very noticeable,is their big weight,but that's because they are mountainbike and not roadbike shoes,and because the downside is very tough for best power transfer to the pedal.

This is a very good choice for beginners, XC fans, and ever pro's. I recommend them to everyone!
on 18 March 2011
This is my first pair of cycling shoes and have to say very comfortable and hard wearing. Have used for various cycling activities and have so far performed well stopping the old sliding foot, smack in shin with a pedal issue.

Not much more you can really say about a pair of shoes.
I wanted a shoe what would not look out of place when off my bike and these just look like normal trainers. I wore them for an all day shopping trip on foot and while not the most comfy trainers to walk on they were no way uncomfortable (and we walked around, and around, and around, some number of shops!) So while not the choice for a day's hiking, they certainly passed the "normal" part.

On the bike they were good, able to do up tight. I ordered a size slightly bigger than normal but probably would had been ok with not doing that. Saying that, the extra half size is not a problem.

As others have said, your feet may get cold, I could feel the cold air just about and think on a cold wet day it would be wise to wear thicker socks. Mind you, on a warm day, it will be most welcome.
I use Time Attack pedals as I have a dodgy knee, and have used SPD shoes for some time. These tend to be great for cycling but lousy for walking.

I usually have size 9 shoes, but experience has taught me to go half a size bigger, so I was somewhat dismayed to be sent size 45 ... which is the equivalent of 10.5 ... boy I'm grad they did, as they fit pretty snugly.

First job was to fit my Time cleats, very easy to do, just make sure you use the screw supplied ... as anything longer will be felt on the inside. On this point, the one odd thing is that you are supplied with a small sticker to cover the holes exposed by the unused screw hole ... not really an adequate solution is it.

These shoes are really good to walk in, there is just enough flex for comfort, and having walked a couple of miles, they cover that base really well.

On the bike they clip in and out very easily ... the most important factor (clipping out) is always a concern first time around.

The shoes are stylish and light, and should see years of bike use.

For the money ... very good ... point off for the slightly odd waterproofing solution as it seems like an afterthought.
on 31 March 2011
My first venture in cycling shoes. I commute 20 miles a day on a hybrid bike. Bought some Shimano SPD pedals and these shoes. I got the wrong size at first (Check when they arrive I got a 45 instead of 43). Got the correct size quickly. They feel very tough but flexible enough to walk in. They allow a gentle breeze to breath with your feet and I have had no problem putting overshoes on them. I am a size 8 and size 43 are spot on. Still a little room for your toes to move!
I must admit the sticker you have to put between the insole and sole of the shoe took me a bit by surprise, but it works and does not interfere with the shoe or your comfort. I notice prices have gone up a fair bit from when I bought them i.e £35, but they are tough and I believe will last.
on 15 May 2014
Nice looking cycling shoe im a size 9 all day long but i ordered a 9.5 uk as recommended by other reviewers and they were a perfect fit i do think going a full size higher would of been too big.I bought these because i was getting cramp in my feet and thought the harder sole may help prevent this happening after a cycle ride.I didnt find the shoes overly narrow they fitted like normal trainers and they are good for driving a car, and walking in these trainers is ok but your foot slightly sea sores as you walk im not sure what happens if you use these for regular walking and wear the soles down, do the screws underneath start rubbing on the floor i will take mine out if that happens as i use regular pedals.I do recommend these trainers im really happy with them.
on 20 August 2012
I bought these for my first foray into the world of clipless cycling.

Many reviewers have made comments about the sizing, I am normally a size 10 but sometimes a size 11 depending on the shoe, so I was a little worried that I may have a problem with the fit of this shoe; I ordered a size 46 (this equates to a UK 10.5) and the shoes fit perfectly - better than any other shoes I own!

The shoes are provided with a sticky label to place under the insole to keep them waterproof in the area of the cleats; this seems a bit of a fudge but after fitting them you can forget it as it seems to work...

I have now used these shoes for 2 weeks and they have transformed my cycling, they are comfortable, add great stability and with the clipless peddles my cycling has improved immeasurably.

The shoes allow you to walk better than most shoes of this type which is an added bonus.

If you are thinking of trying clipless cycling for the first time, then I highly recommend these shoes and I would say go for it. One benefit which I had not considered until I tried it was that the shoes and pedal keep your feet much more stable which has resulted in me suffering less fatigue and less knee pain (I think they must help keep your knee square to the crank and cause less twisting.

Excellent shoes and they look like they will last a long time - when I need replacements I would definitely buy another pair of these.
on 11 July 2015
I cannot imagine a better cycling shoe. I didn't buy these from amazon, or from any buyer here, so I cannot vouch for that side of things. but I did buy a pair of these shoes at the very beginning of 2012, and I have been using them ever since, right up until a couple of hours ago when I went for today's daily ride.

I got these from the bike shop that sold me my bike. I spent the latter half of 2011 getting very into cycling a lot on a daily basis, and in early 2012 I decided to treat myself to a new bike. I'd also been intending to try clipping in (or whatever the correct terminology is). so when I ordered my bike I also ordered SPD pedals and a pair of these shoes. I didn't do any research beforehand, I just spoke to the bike shop employee and told him that I lived somewhere with many thorny plants, so I needed to be able to walk home if a flat tyre occurred. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for these, but given the use I've had out of them, it wasn't nearly enough.

put simply, these are fantastic shoes. I have cycled literally thousands of miles in them (not to mention walked quite a few!), and they remain my favourite pair of shoes to wear on an everyday basis, 3½ years later.

when I bought these, I was living in the caribbean. cycling there, even when it's not that hot, it's HOT, and I was so into cycling that I didn't care about avoiding the middle of the day. so I'd highly recommend these for anyone in a warm climate or looking to cycle in the warmer months.

that said, in summer 2013 my family and I moved to the UK, and I've been using them ever since. in the coldest winter months, they're not quite warm enough. my wife bought me some shimano MW81s for christmas last year and they're similarly awesome for whenever it's really cold and/or wet, but I tend to save them for those particularly chilly days.

my MT33s work for everything else. like I said, thousands of (largely very sweaty) miles after buying these, I've never done more than casually wipe them down. they don't even claim to be waterproof, yet the other day when I went out riding in a downpour, I noticed when I got home that the only dry parts of my entire body were the middle parts (top and bottom) of my feet.

there is not a visibly weakening stitch on them, and they are still one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own, so I fully expect to get another several hundred miles out of them at the very least, and quite possibly a whole lot more.

just buy them, you won't regret it.