on 27 May 2015
I'm well impressed with this. I've had a gum shield from the dentist (I grind my teeth at night) which cost me £80 but after getting a couple of crowns fitted to replace the damage I did by grinding my teeth, it no longer fitted. So i tried this. It's actually just as good as the one from the dentist - you just have to fit it properly and it came with no instructions.
Here's how I fitted it - hopefully it'll come in useful for someone...
Water in a sauce pan - heat until a rolling boil then take off the heat and allow to stand for 30 seconds.
Drop the gum shield into the pan and leave for between 30-40 seconds - the plastic will begin to warp and shrink a bit - remove with a fork as soon as it looks like it's losing it's shape. Allow to cool for 30 seconds then position around your teeth. Use your fingers to smooth the shield over your teeth and up to your gums. When it's in position, create suction in your mouth and keep it tight for a good two minutes. The suction will help mould the plastic around your teeth and allow it to stay in position when cooled. And thats it. It feels as secure as the one from the dentist.
on 14 July 2012
Once I had found out which gum I needed to protect, the rest was easy. Could have done with a small diagram to help. Soak in boiling water and the shield moulded it to my teeth and gum shape. Easy and useful plastic "box" to carry it in. Low price so I bought two.
Very opportune purchase as I was in a karate tournament a week later.
on 20 May 2013
I had been grinding my teeth for a few nights whilst asleep and this helped stop me wearing the enamel away.
on 12 November 2012
Wasted £5 buying this and am going to buy a shockdoctor since this gumshield is rubbish. It is extremely bulky (I cant even fit my lips around it!. Moulded it 5 times and it still fell out of my mouth and I now have a sore mouth!
on 16 December 2013
I wear it at night to stop me grinding my teeth works perfectly very comfortable. The dentist suggested it but the one he had cost over £200 . . . . . . .
on 4 March 2013
This is very simple to make it shape your mouth, and it's more comfortable to use it after than a classic one !
on 21 June 2015
Okay so it is cheap and yes it does mould to the teeth. But coming from a rugby player, having played a few games using it I would honestly recommend buying a higher quality mouthguard from Opro or a similar company. These mouthguards are flimsy and in reality provide very little protection. If you take contact with them, it is likely that they will damage your gums too. Lesson: when it comes to anything health or safety related then please do not compromise on the basis of price.
on 30 May 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY

Once the gum shield arrived there was no instructions for it, on amazon is said to place the gum shield in boling waer which i did and i left the gum shield in the water for 1 minute and half of the shiled melted away. This gum shield is CRAP the only good this which came out of this was the retainer
on 4 February 2013
So easy to shape to your gums-teeth, this is the third one that I have had and couldn't fault it for comfort or price. Iv'e tried more expensive ones but they don't compare
on 7 April 2014
I waited over 2 months for the delivery, and when I received it in the end it was even worse experience. Made of cheap and rough material, and size appropriate for a donkey, not a human. Not sure what is it made of, but when I place it in my mouth I automatically feel like puking. terrible!

See one answered question