on 21 July 2017
An interesting book filled with the authors own drawings.
on 12 September 2013
I already have in my bookcase several titles by Mairi Hedderwick and decided to add this title after having visited the Shetland Isles with my mum. The book certainly lived up to my expectations, it is interesting and informative and beautifully illustrated(as are all Mairi Hedderwick's books) Would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the Scottish islands.
on 11 February 2014
If you have seen or own any of these series of books or journals, you are already aware that the drawings are lovely & light, and that the notes by the artist/author are an enhancement. I've purchased this as a gift for an artist friend who loves to ramble about in Scotland, so I suspect that it will be warmly embraced. I flipped through it before wrapping, and it is lovely -- a real treat for lovers of Hedderwick, Scotland, walking.
on 8 November 2013
I have all Mairi Hedderwick work, and love all of it. This is a Christmas Gift for a dear friend
on 28 April 2016
Another well written and illustrated book from this author
on 13 June 2015
Not what I was expecting in that I had hoped for more sketches from the author.