Customer reviews

on 24 September 2015
Exactly what I was expecting
on 9 July 2017
Shelley is an excellent series with a subtle touch that is unfortunately absent in most of today's comedies. My only suggestion would be to buy it direct from Network rather than from Amazon as they have it for less than half the price with free delivery.
on 18 October 2011
i have watched series 1,2 and 3 so i chanced number 4 although some of the previous reviews nearly put me off, i am glad i did not listen to them as i am enjoying this series as much as the last 3, Shelley makes me laugh everytime which is a joy in this day and age.
on 9 September 2012
I like Hywell Bennett and love him as the droll Shelley. Much of the humour is subtle but thats how I like it. Another great series for my collection
on 15 November 2009
I love this comedy and I find it's getting better with each series. Can't wait for the next one to come out.. I've seen more funny comedies. But none more interesting then this. The acting by Hywel Bennett is 1st class.
on 28 May 2013
I remember Shelley well from my youth, it is very funny, taking a stab at society and authorities, whilst seeing how life was and learning about what one has to do to make changes and conform if success is to be found. It looks at work and relationships, marriage and divorce, and there is a lot to be learned whilst enjoying it too. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys works from the past, since they don't seem to be able to write work like this any more. Good, clean, honest work that does not contain the violence or lewdness of today.
on 31 March 2010
As with the first 3, this series of Shelley is brilliant. Intelligent and very funny comedy with well written stories which are superbly acted.

Well worth buyng.
on 26 November 2009
The fourth series of the hit Thames sitcom opens with James Shelley still on the dole following a brief stint in an advertising agency. As expected, the D.H.S.S. ( as it was then called ) staff send him up mercilessly. Fran is unhappy, especially as she recently gave birth to little Emma and they have an expensive house to run. The rows begin...

Never mind the ignorant, rude comments of the first two reviewers ( who clearly would not know a funny show if it bit them ), 'Shelley' is a superb show, one of I.T.V.'s greatest. The witty scripts by Peter Tilbury were done full justice by the laconic delivery of Hywel Bennett, and the supporting cast including Belinda Sinclair and Josephine Tewson. In an age where I.T.V. is content to churn out astonishingly bad reality and game shows, we should be grateful that shows of this quality were ever made, let alone transmitted.

As for the reviewer who made a childish side-swipe at 'Get Some In!', I suggest that the most suitable punishment for him/her is a few hours jankers courtesy of Corporal Marsh!
on 11 December 2009
Buy this DVD. It beats most of what passes for comedy on the box at the moment.
on 24 September 2015