Customer reviews

on 23 June 2017
A year or so ago, I heard a brief summary of how Nehemia Gordon discovered the pronunciation of the (previously) unspoken name of God on 9/11. Since then, I have pronounced the Name when reading through the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings of the Hebrew Bible. It made such a profound difference to my understanding of and engagement with the text of the Hebrew scriptures that I had to read the full story. I was not disappointed! Having read Nehemia's book once I now need to read it again slowly taking notes.
A few years ago, I replaced the English pronunciation of Jesus in the Good News, the Letters and the Revelation with the Hebrew pronunciation Yeshua and felt that I was getting closer to the Jewish roots of my Christian faith. Changing the title, LORD, to the personal name, Yehovah was a paradigm shift! Who is Lord? Using a title like lord, you could be talking about anyone! Lord Tebbit, screaming lord Such!?! Krishna? Allah? No! "There is no god but Yehovah, and Yeshua is His Son!" Nehemia would disagree with the second part of the statement, (please forgive me if it offends you), but I'm sure that his friend Keith would agree wholeheartedly. In this age of pluralism, we need to be precise about who we believe in and who we worship and my Jewish brother's book has been a great help to me in this. Nehemia, if you read this, I bless you with the Aaronic blessing that you have taught me to pronounce correctly. Amen (Truly!)
on 13 February 2017
For me this book wins in every respect. It is easy to read as the author has a very pleasant and engaging style, and yet it displays great scholarship. He opens up passages of scripture which through general ignorance and without knowledge of Hebrew I did not fully understand. Above all he reveals the essential name of the Father, and explains how it came to be concealed. This brings light when reading the scriptures. Merely using God's titles is like reading the "New Testament" without using the name Jesus or Yeshua. I am so glad I read this book.
on 29 May 2017
Informative. Easy to read
on 11 February 2014
הללויה (Hallelujah!) I love this book. Finally, some comprehensive answers as to (1) what to call God; and (2) why Jewish people traditionally have a prohibition on saying God's name aloud. In addition, this book sheds more light on the Vatican's 2008 ruling to remove the Tetragrammaton, God's Name in Hebrew, from songs and prayers. One can only speculate that not only was the decision made for the official reasons they published, but also because evidence such as that explored so thoroughly in this book points to something other than YAHWEH as being the most accurate transliteration of the Tetragrammaton into the Roman alphabet. After I read this book, I purchased two more of Nehemia Gordon's books, and I devoured them as well. I'll add that the Kindle edition is well produced and the included photographs enhance the story. I also recommend his books The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus and A Prayer to Our Father. Thank you, Nehemia Gordon, for sharing your journey with us!
on 10 January 2014
Some people have the courage to speak out on matters of "Traditional Religion "

As Pilate saith unto Jesus, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. (Joh 18:38)

Truth is a road worth traveling -- in a world full of lies..the book makes clear that God is truth and that the God of truth has a name we can rely upon, indeed we need to call upon, whether we be Jew or Christian.

My view..
A book well worth reading -Jew or Christian..
on 2 January 2017
This is a book written from the heart by a man who truly loves Yehovah. It declares something of the Father"s heart for all who look to Him for salvation. It opens up some of the rich heritage both Christian and Jew share in the Old Testament scriptures. The Apostle Paul poses the question "what advantage has the Jew over the Gentile believer?" When you read this you will have some idea of the head start that the Jews have in knowing who God the Father is and what his character is like.
on 24 February 2014
I like Nehemiah's writings and have since being introduced to him through Michael Rood, some years ago. I would have found it more enjoyable if the facts had been a bit more like A & B = C But then others will enjoy the details of this brilliant scholar's private adventures in discovery. I receive relayed email messages from Nehemiah each month on the New moon sightings from Jerusalem.
on 10 March 2014
Absolutely amazing book which explains the sorry state of affairs today as a result of us not proclaiming the name YHWH,YAHEW,YEHOVAH. We need to return to the pre-Roman ban of the mighty name of the Creator of All.
on 17 February 2014
A great story of finding God's name and making sure it is the true name and santifying it in the face of opposition. I really enjoyed this, and the style of writing and will be quoting it for years to come.