on 21 March 2014
Shattered (Dividing Line #5)
Heather Atkinson

Contains strong language, sex and violence.

Well after just finishing book 5,4,3,2 and one, back to back- fantastic story line I just couldnt put it down, i had to keep reading a few more pages at every opportunity. I'm actually gutterd I have read all 5 and have to wait until the summer for book 6.
I love it when I find an author who's books I enjoy but have not read them all yet, as it means i get a good few weeks out of reading them all. And after enjoying this series so much, I will definatly be reading more of her books.
The characters were interesting and at different points I found myself loving and hating the main characters, which is always a good sign and the story was action packed. Without giving away the plot, the twists and there is plenty of them lull you into thinking that the ending will be different to how it was.
This book continues the story of the Laws and Maguires, and I can honestly say each book has got better.
An absolute must if you like Martina Cole style books.

Book description..
A secret war is being fought in Manchester. A family, once close allies, is torn apart as the head of the family turns on his own.
Rachel Law is recovering in hospital after a savage assault and her husband Ryan burns with the need to avenge her.
Alex Maguire plots the destruction of his enemies from his hospital bed, doing all in his power to slip them up.
As Alex and Rachel recuperate, the two opposing factions form new alliances and attack one another with renewed ferocity and cunning, fighting for the highest stakes imaginable.
Events culminate in a showdown that will shatter the family forever.
Contains strong language as well as scenes of violence, torture and sex. Please note, this is not a stand-alone novel and is part of a series.
on 15 April 2014
I discovered Heather Atkinson on the kindle store and downloaded book 1 of this series based on the plot synopsis and the price (maybe more to do with the price really)! I usually enjoy Kimberly Chambers, Mandasue Heller and Kerry Wilkinson novels and the first book seemed to be of a similar genre. I read all 5 of these books on kindle back to back and REALLY, really, really enjoyed them! Yes at times I found the writing and grammar was not quite to the standards of the others I mentioned, and things could be a bit repetitive but for me that was not an issue - I loved the characters and the plots, the twists and turns and the fact that I couldn't put my kindle down! I was pleased and gutted to get to the end of Book 5 and to find the end is not quite the end (good) but will have to wait for the next part (bad). I am going to try some more of Heather Atkinson's novels now, and I hope they are as good as this series. I would recommend this series of novels.
on 18 March 2014
what a fantastic set of books, I thought they were brilliant
I loved the characters, I cryed laughed and really felt like I knew the people like friends, without giving to much away the crime & violence was really good but it was the people life's that made me feel like I knew them, Heather you have such a way with writing that you draw us readers in well
Can't wait for the summer for the next book
I will feel lost now wondering how the family's are getting on
I'm going to read your other set of books now
Thank you so much for keeping me entertained this last week
on 17 March 2014
This is the 5th one of the Dividing Line series and enjoyed all of them - I bought them all at once and read them one after the other which I quite enjoyed as you then don't have trouble remembering who everybody is - the story is about two gangster families and the trials and tribulations they endure - cannot wait for the 6th - I am now looking to see if she has written anymore series and will definitely buy.
on 6 March 2014
Another brilliant one with Ryan & Rachel, cannot wait until the next one.

A 100% absolute must read for anyone!!!
on 15 February 2014
Absolutely flipping amazing, AGAIN. I was so excited to find that this had been released and it did not disappoint. Packed with drama, action, supense and everything else you could possibly want. Love Ryan and Rachel to bits and it's grea to see the other main characters evolving aswell. Im going to start them again from scratch now. Bring on the next one!
on 5 April 2014
Roll on summer20014, I can't wait for the next Rachel and Ryan series. This series of books have been the most exciting, frightening, and scary stories that it has ever been my pleasure to read. They are the sort of books you never want to stop reading, but hate it when you reach the end.
on 8 March 2014
Have read all of the 'Dividing Line' series and was so excited when this was available. Carries on from the previous books following Rachel & Ryan and of course Alex. I loved it, but not quite as good as the previous books. In saying that I hope there is a follow on - Katia after R&R????? If you enjoyed the previous books READ IT!
on 16 April 2014
This is the latest in the series of books. It was just as good as the previous books and once i started it i couldnt put it down. They are very infectious books that get you wanting to know whats happening next. Cant wait until the next book comes out
on 4 March 2014
Another superb book from Heather Atkinson. Fast paced, edgy plot makes this book unputdownable. I woke up with my kindle on my face more than once. Just when yout hink you know what is going to happen, there is another twist. I cannot wait for the next installment