- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: The Robson Press (17 Oct. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849545987
- ISBN-13: 978-1849545983
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 3.3 x 20.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 254,663 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Shark That Walks on Land: And Other Strange But True Tales Of Mysterious Sea Creatures Hardcover – 17 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a book about the ocean's marvels, mythical and real among them the meter long epaulette shark that does indeed walk. --New Scientist
If you enjoy the quirkier side of nature, this book of strange but true tales is a must. --BBC Wildlife
About the Author
Michael Bright worked as an executive producer with the BBC's world-renowned Natural History Unit, based in Bristol. He is the author of over a hundred books on wildlife, travel and conservation, including Sharks, Wild Caribbean and the bestselling Africa, which accompanied the popular David Attenborough series. He is the recipient of many international radio and television awards, including the prestigious Prix Italia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The writer also includes the Latin names for all the animals that are discussed which is really useful when wanting to research anything further. The little sketched illustrations add a certain nice quality to the book I appreciated, so with a quick glance I could be reminded roughly of what fish the paragraph was discussing, as there are a lot of worms and squat lobsters etc.
Over all this just keeps my love of the ocean and everything peculiar in it alive and keeps me wanting more information, fantastic contribution! It provides both up to date facts and history of events discoveries and species. Really is a wonderful book :D
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Oceanography
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures