Shanghai: The Architecture of China's Great Urban Center Hardcover – 1 May 2008
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jay Pridmore is an architectural historian and the author of numerous books, especially about the architecture of Chicago. Among them is Abrams' Chicago Architecture and Design, now in its second edition. To write about Shanghai, he shifts his focus from Chicago, which saw the most important developments in architecture in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, to the great Chinese city that promises to play the same role in world architecture a century later. To write Shanghai, he has interviewed numerous architects as well as journalists and other experts. He divides his time between Chicago and Rome.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is just what I was looking for. I was able to identify virtually all of the skyscrapers I had photographed and was able to include biographical data as well. I am thrilled. This book is exactly what I expected and more.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > China
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series