on 16 August 2017
I think this is that rate thing - A Koontz novel I didn't read the first time around. It's an ok read but it's definitely doesn't compare to the thrills of novels such as 'Phantoms'. The idea has quite a lot of potential - but instead of focusing on Rachel's struggle for survival the novel is long winded and introduces lots of different elements - the crooked Federal agent which we've seen before, a couple of cops who play very little part other than filler and long descriptive passages which, while nicely written do nothing to add to the suspense. I got a little bored about halfway forward and started skipping whole chapters to get to the interesting bits as all I really wanted was to find out what happened. Not a bad read for 99p but if you are new to Koontz please don't judge him by this long-winded effort.
on 16 June 2017
I've been reading Mr K's books for about 20 years and this def wasn't one his best - too long. Way too long.

When you have a tense situation you don't want page after page describing the foliage, terrain and each step (or movement) each person takes. Once I got past the 50% mark I was getting bored with all the superfluous prose and started reading the first line of a paragraph - to make a decision as to whether it was worth reading it all or not. Half the time it wasn't as it said nothing that moved the story along. Certainly made the 2nd half of the book go quicker.

The idea was interesting and if about 40% of "flab" was removed then this might make a good book. Unfortunately there was no tension / suspense and it def wasn't what I'd call a page turner.
on 12 June 2017
This book grips you from page one! It is startling, scary, unbelievable and truly the best read possible! I love Dean Koontz and he never ceases to AMAZE! Intensity has always been my favourite book of all time, and this comes very close to upstaging it! Thanks for a brilliant read!
on 7 March 2017
A fantastic read, this book was so hard to put down, your imagination for this story is completely surreal Dean.
on 5 May 2017
Read quite a few Koontz books and have really enjoyed them but this was like reading repetitive blah blah blah ... boring !
on 16 April 2017
A clever and well written piece which moves along nicely and keeps the reader thoroughly entertained. Will definitely look at other titles from this author to see if he can continue to raise the bar in this genre.
on 31 May 2017
I always enjoy Dean Koontz as a writer. This book is no exception, however I felt a little deflated at the very end. Not to put anyone off, but I felt like something was missing. Still a good read though.
on 11 June 2017
Although I have not read this yet I have given the book five stars because I love the author and I know I will enjoy the book. I will read this on holiday next week.
on 11 February 2017
This is the first book I have read by Dean Koontz and after all the hype of been told what a good author he is i can honestly say that I was bitterly dissapointed by this book, it was just boring, dull and a real struggle to finish. I am glad I only paid 99p.
on 30 January 2017
I love dean Koontz my favourite author. This book was OK but didn't grip me like some if his books