on 7 April 2015
This moves along with a good pace through various locations. The three main characters work very well together.

Investigative journalist Max Richmond has just completed another exclusive. Max was featured in "Fogarty" a book in the City of London thrillers series by J. Jackson Bentley. I gave Fogarty a four star review on Tuesday 25 November 2014.

Trying to keep his identity secret Max is on his way to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates for a break while the British media highlight his latest work.

On arrival he is met by the authorities who get him to work alongside two other people who happen to be in the country at the same time. The Australian Todd Michaelson from their Special Forces and the American Miss Jamie Johnson from Homeland Security.

With the help of the local police their job is to stop terrorists who from intelligence are planning to attack Dubai and then the west. Also helping out are Vastrick Security regularly represented by the beautiful Dee Hammond in the City of London series. On this occasion its French forensic investigator Dominic Lepeudry.
on 3 June 2013
I have now read 4 Kindle eBooks by J Jackson Bentley.
In each case the story was enjoyable.
In each case some of the main characters randomly changed their names. In this story, for example "Trevor George Baker" becomes "George Arthur Baker" in the later chapters - not helped that this same character is using 2 other pseudonyms in the story!

I had assumed that these stories were sefl-published and had not been reviewed by an editor, but I see that the author gives credit to his editor, so I guess they both missed these inconsistencies.
VINE VOICEon 21 December 2014
This is about three disparate people , two men and a woman who are teamed up to do a special op job mainly in Dubai. In this politically correct age , it is no surprise that the one with all the brains and attitude is the woman . Second in importance comes an Australian SF soldier well down the list is an Englshman.
This book seems to have been written by a different author than the JJ Bentley of the City of London series and is nowhere near as good . It took me ages to read it as I kept dropping off to sleep . Not a good sign .
on 12 May 2013
This is the second of the novels in this series and I am looking forward to the next one with anticipation.I couldn't put it down .the proofreading is not the best ,which spoils the rhythm of the story somewhat.
on 11 August 2014
Read nearly all of J Jackson Bentley books which I enjoyed although I have to say I didn't enjoy this book as much as all of his others only because of it jumping from place to place and different characters and trying to keep up with all the name changes but otherwise it was a good read. After reading all of the reviews before I started this book I would say it didn't capture me where I couldn't put it down like some but still everyone to their own point of view
on 4 October 2014
Once again a great book from J J B. Moved to this following the city of London thriller books and an advert at the end of the last on on Kindle.

Another captivating read; a couple of times I lost focus and found myself re-reading a few pages but I think that could be more my fault than the plot.

The first chapter or so threw me a bit, I did wonder if I should continue reading; glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the trio of main characters and the banter between them is well written.

I like the little links back to previous stories also; whilst you need not have read them however, the links are small but for anyone that has done its cleverly done.

I will continue to read J J B books with pleasure. Thanks
on 14 June 2013
Although it took longer to get into than the two previous novels I have read....48 hours and chameleon.... once I got past the halfway stage I couldn't put it down. The descriptions by the author make you feel that you've been to the places and the stories are all good! Looking forward to reading the next one!
on 11 October 2014
Why did I mark this a five Star rating. Well if you read a book and wonder what time it is,it must be very very good.
I thought that all the action was possible and went along with the excellent story. I am sorry but cannot remember bad points about this book. Keep writing like this and I will be looking every day for your next book to be published. Thanks again. H. Martin
on 2 October 2014
A brilliant story with plenty of action between world wide agencies, FBI, Arabic police security services, private close protection firm and the lives of terrorists. The plotting and planning to
cripple nations. I do not want to give anything away to spoil your enjoyment. If you enjoy this type of mix, I urge you to give it a try. I'm going to order my next one now.
on 2 November 2014
This is a fascinating account of world-class Mafia-style illegal trafficking, with most of the action taking place in the middle east. The principal characters come from the US Britain and Australia and they have to deal with Arab sheiks and princes.The page turning is great, but the complexity of the plot requires a fair degree of concentration. Go for it and be impressed.