- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3181 KB
- Print Length: 297 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AOHDMFE
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1,428 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #354 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£7.99|
Save £7.00 (88%)
A Shade of Vampire (New & Lengthened 2015 Edition) Kindle Edition
|Length: 297 pages||Word Wise: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 1 of 29 in A Shade of Vampire (29 Book Series)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After seeing all the positive reviews I was optimistic downloading this book. I couldn't have been more wrong. I found the book boring, lacking depth and below average.
The characters were either one-dimensional or cliche. I would not recommend this book.
The book is written in first person, which took me a while to get into. But once I did, I was on a roll.
The author also separated the two main characters, Sofia and Derek into separate chapters, which enables the reader to see each point of view, and get a greater insight into their thoughts.
For me, Sofia the main character had the right mix of vulnerability and strength. While Derek, was gorgeous, even though he was a vampire. I liked the fact he tried to hold on to his humanity.
As this is book one of a series, I did feel their relationship moved a little fast, and could have been developed more slowly in the ensuing books. Also it did end a little abruptly, but it seems the next book in the series is way longer.
This is not a genre I would normally bother to read. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it,which is a credit to Bella Forrest's writing; especially as this is her debut novel.
This book was clean, exciting and fast moving. I look forward to trying the next book in the series.
The premise itself is an odd one and I’m not sure that it always sat comfortably with me. On the night of her seventeenth birthday, Sofia is kidnapped and taken to the Shade. The Shade is a magical haven for vampires where it always remains night. She is to be given to the Royal Prince Derek, who is going to be woken from a magical sleep, to form part of his harem.
I think perhaps it might be because I have not read a YA book for a while, or even perhaps just a sign of my age, but the premise of the story, the sexual violence (not first hand to Sofia, but other characters in the story), felt wrong in a young adult book, particularly when all the kidnapped characters were seventeen.
The romance itself was pretty sedately paced and I guess age appropriate (yikes I am sounding old aren’t I?) for the market it was aimed at. But I think if the main characters had been adult or even a couple of years older, it might have worked better. Or maybe not…
Derek is unaware of the kidnapping practises of his family and is immediately drawn to Sofia. His lack of complicity makes the romance story work. The chemistry between them is sweet and sincere, but he does still go around killing people occasionally, which kind of drops him down on the hero scale.
Sofia comes across as young and inevitably conflicted, but she is sassy and kind too, and while Derek does sometimes get carried away with the blood lust thing, he has the whole dark and mysterious thing down. He is also incredibly gracious and caring around Sofia.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had originally bought this book for my holiday and thought I'd make a start on it
I couldn't put it down and have read it quiet quickly. I've now ordered the next book
Good intro to a lengthy series - one that stand well, when compared to Twilight. Indeed, seems to 'borrow' certain of its thematic characters. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Archie Brown
Really enjoyed it
I liked how you got to read each character and I'm looking forward to next one now!
Totally gripping from the start, couldn't put it down! I need more, bring on the next book and the next now!Published 11 days ago by Ishani Guha-Shepherd
If you like Twilight you'll probably like this story.
When a girl gets kidnapped and taken to the shade, she must decide whether she wants to escape or stay at the mercy of... Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Angels
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Demons & Devils
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban
- Books > Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Angels
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Demons & Devils
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age