- Paperback: 175 pages
- Publisher: JNB Publishing Limited (23 Feb. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0955523907
- ISBN-13: 978-0955523908
- Product Dimensions: 20.6 x 14.7 x 1.3 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
400,339 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1897 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- #1897 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- #2702 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
Sexual Surrogate Partner Therapy Paperback – 23 Feb 2007
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Adam and Eve through to the swinging 60s and the modern-day debate over pornography, the subject of sex continues to be a taboo topic with the lines between love, lust, affection and eroticism blurred by modern day society. In this book David Brown demystifies the conjecture and controversy, and in doing so explains the power of Surrogate Partner Therapy as an effective way to resolve psychogenic sexual problems and dysfunctions; even the otherwise untreatable conditions created by fear of intimacy, performance anxiety and sexual insecurities and phobias. By the author s own admission Surrogate Partner Therapy is a subject that is much misunderstood by the general public, and, as a result, there has been great misconception and sensationalism, sometimes deliberate on the part of the tabloid press, towards it. David, as one of Europe s leading experts and practitioners in the field, deconstructs those misconceptions and explains the benefits and sexual and spiritual wellbeing that knowledge can bring. The strength of the book is its simplicity. A subject like Surrogate Partner Therapy is a daunting one for any uninitiated reader, but far from being an academic tome that is technical and lecturing, the chapters and prose are easy to understand and engage the reader in an almost conversational style where the reader is provided with some answers but is also left challenged to ask more questions of the author, and perhaps more importantly, themselves too. Sexual Surrogate Partner Therapy is an honest and genuine work that is clearly aimed not just to inform but also to inspire and it succeeds through the sensitivity of the words written and the subject discussed, which embraces rather than confuses those reading it. In short, the book un-patronisingly treats the reader as an adult, in what is after all an adult subject to discuss. --JNB Publishing Limited
About the Author
David Brown is an ordained Interfaith Minister, spititual counsellor and sexologist. As Founder of The School of ICASA, the UK Sexual Healing Centre and with experience of over a decade of conducting Surrogate Partner Therapy on a continual basis, David Brown is one of the foremost authorities in this specialised sexual healing work in Europe.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z